Options

Apple iPhone

garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
http://www.apple.com/iphone/

I'm sure most of you have seen this phone, this is cool. Apple makes some very cool stuff, way better than my crap Treo 700w. Windows on my phone needs a reboot everyday. I need less windows and more of this stuff icon_lol.gif Between having to use Firefox and playing with Macs lately, I am starting to wonder why anyone would use Windows?

Comments

• Options
    TechJunkyTechJunky Member Posts: 881
    Yah, there was a big issue about www.iphone.com....

Guess Apple is trying to sue for that domain name.
  • Options
    KGhaleonKGhaleon Member Posts: 1,346 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Is iphone for cingular, out of curiousity? Because that's what I'm hearing. I have to buy a new phone soon so I'm not sure if I should waste money on something like the iPhone.

KG
    Present goals: MCAS, MCSA, 70-680
  • Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    TechJunky wrote:
    Yah, there was a big issue about www.iphone.com....

Guess Apple is trying to sue for that domain name.

If they do, they should fined for being stupid......clearly, someone has registered the name, and runs a business using it. Just because it's similar to their line of products in name, doesn't mean shat....they've probably been around since before iPod anyway.....Apple stinks.....
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
    KGhaleon wrote:
    Is iphone for cingular, out of curiousity? Because that's what I'm hearing. I have to buy a new phone soon so I'm not sure if I should waste money on something like the iPhone.
    KG

That is correct. They also had a conflict with Cisco over the name. What is Apple going to do? Own every word with an "i" in front of it?
    Cingular obtained a multi-year exclusivity on the iPhone before Apple started work on the project. It's an exclusive multiyear agreement, which means no other carrier will be able to sell the iPhone through 2009. Cingular is a GSM-based network, so Apple would also have to develop a CDMA based iPhone to be compatible with Verizon Wireless. Depending on the popularity of the iPhone, you can expect Verizon Wireless to pursue an agreement with Apple when the exclusivity ends.

http://www.everythingiphone.com/
  • Options
    hanakuinhanakuin Member Posts: 144
    iphone will be a Cingular phone, or ATT Wireless I should say.
  • Options
    boyles23boyles23 Member Posts: 130
    When you look at the link and look at one of the screen shots showing the web page then it says cingular in the left corner. So I would assume cingular and the iphone looks pretty nice but I hope it is more dependable then a lot of ipods that I have seen messing up.
  • Options
    ally_ukally_uk Member Posts: 1,145 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Lol Just call it the Ipod Phone

Or Mac Phone

Or even Apple Phone

Or Apple Cell

Or MacCell

Or IpodCell

And yeah I agree with the earlier comment's I can achieve everything Windows does by using a free 50mb distribution of Linux

Windows Vista haha yeah right
    Microsoft's strategy to conquer the I.T industry

" Embrace, evolve, extinguish "