Options

Need some help for job situation.

CessationCessation Member Posts: 326
Hi all,
Here goes.
I dont see myself being able to transfer over to the Network side of our dept anytime soon so i began looking for other possible jobs(outside of my company).
Dont get me wrong I like my job and all but I would rather work as a SysAdmin.
So I found a job and would like to send in my resume but I dont want them calling my current employer about it ya know?

Does anyone know the best way around this?
And if not does anyone have any tips on how to break in to the network side of the dept?

Thanks for your time,
Cessation
A+, MCP(270,290), CCNA 2008.
Working back on my CCNA and then possibly CCNP.

Comments

• Options
    mrhaun03mrhaun03 Member Posts: 359
    I've been on interviews and the companies haven't contacted my current employer. You shouldn't have anything to worry about. Unless you have your employer listed as a reference.

I'm with you though. I like my current job, but there's not much room for advancement. Even if I don't find a better job, at least I'll get interview experience.
    Working on Linux+
  • Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    KaminskyKaminsky Member Posts: 1,235
    It's very simple.

At the end of your resume you put:

"References on request."

When the offer arrives, thats when you send in the references. IE after the interviews, the waiting and then the offer. They don't check references until then usually.

If it's an application form (/grrrr hate these) then list the references but there is always a box to check like "May we contact....."

This also stops a lot of mucking about by agency scammers just trying to find out managers to hit up for placements. IE they juice up a job advertisement to get a lot of resumes in and then trawl the current employer reference details for potential clients. This went on a lot a few years ago and got loads of people into trouble as their current line managers were spammed by recruitment agencies.
    Kam.