Options

passed 640-801 936

wintermutewintermute Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
Huge sigh of relief!!!

Was cruising through the exam, got to 40 (out of 53 questions) with 40 minutes to go, and OMG!!! it was one of the simlet questions... NO preparation I had done, or real life work prepared me for that question!!! I'm still a little dumbfounded by it, as I just couldn't see how some of it could be correct!! If I'd got it near the beginning I would have been devastated!! I blew 30 minutes on that one question, in the end had to just guess for a couple of the multiple choices and do the last 13 questions in 15 minutes... lucky for me there weren't any more hard ones!!

All I can say is make sure you know your switch show commands inside out for all possible things switch related... I thought I did and I wasn't any where near prepared enough for this question!!

Breakdown:

Planning and Design 92%
Implementation and operation 100%
Trouble shooting 83% (the simlet I suspect is what dragged me down here)
Technology 92%

So relieved... I did the study for this back in 98-99 as part of a pilot for the cisco academy... but never did the exam... last couple of months I've been using the Cisco press Intro and ICND books, the practice exams, and Boson Netsim CCNP version... I found it useful to do the CCNP labs rather than the CCNA ones, as the CCNA ones seemed to easy.

Anyway just had to tell someone! ;)

Tony.
Any intelligence I may appear to have is purely artificial.

Comments

• Options
    kadshahkadshah Member Posts: 388 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations! icon_thumright.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congratulations!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    IncInc Member Posts: 184
    Congratulations!
  • Options
    wintermutewintermute Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks guys :) I'll have a short break, and then I need to decide what to tackle next... I'm wondering whether to go for CCDA next or just straigt to CCNP..... standard certs asked for in most jobs here in Aus are ccna ccnp and ccie, I don't think I've seen CCDA or CCDP which are more in the direction I'd like to go...

Tony.
    Any intelligence I may appear to have is purely artificial.
  • Options
    georgemcgeorgemc Member Posts: 429
    Congrats! :D
    WGU BS: Business - Information Technology Management
    Start Date: 01 October 2012
    QFT1,PFIT in progress.
    TRANSFERRED/COMPLETED: AGC1,BBC1,LAE1,QBT1,LUT1,QLC1,QMC1,QLT1,IWC1,INC1,INT1,BVC1,CLC1,MGC1, CWV1 BNC1, LIT1,LWC1,QAT1,WFV1,EST1,EGC1,EGT1,IWT1,MKC1,MKT1,RWT1,FNT1,FNC1, BDC1,TPV1 REQUIRED:
  • Options
    GeorgeMcFly22GeorgeMcFly22 Member Posts: 109
  • Options
    Aquabat [banned]Aquabat [banned] Inactive Imported Users Posts: 299
    congrats man! wow what a nice score!
    i herd u leik mudkips lol
  • Options
    seraphusseraphus Member Posts: 307
    Congrats! icon_cheers.gif
    Lab first, ask questions later
  • Options
    outstreamoutstream Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□