Options

MCP for work, books?

Family_GuyFamily_Guy Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
Can anybody recommend me an MCP book? I have to get this certification for work and i'm having trouble finding a book.
Faith is the great cop-out, the great excuse to evade the need to think and evaluate evidence. Faith is belief in spite of, even perhaps because of, the lack of evidence. -Dawkins

2010 Path

Network+ : Started | Server+ : Pending
Security+ : Pending | Linux+ : Pending

Comments

• Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I wouldn't rely on just one book. However, popular combinations include a BIG one like Sybex, Syngress or especially MS Press, and one smaller "go anywhere" book like Exam Cram. I don't know of any specific titles for the MSSD/MCAD/MCTS/MCPD stuff, but the publishers I mentioned are usually pretty good.
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    If all you need is MCP, I would recco going for 70-270. Any book by the above mentioned publishers would be fine. The certs you listed, I imagine would be much harder than 270. MCP isn't really a certification either, it's more of a designation. It won't get you much, as passing any M$ gives you MCP.....
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,034 Admin
    The MCP isn't really a certification; it's more of a recognition that you have passed at least one Microsoft certification exam. Are you thinking of getting the MCTS or MCPD certification?
  • Options
    Family_GuyFamily_Guy Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I have to get the Windows XP Professional certification. Looking for books for that one.
    Faith is the great cop-out, the great excuse to evade the need to think and evaluate evidence. Faith is belief in spite of, even perhaps because of, the lack of evidence. -Dawkins

2010 Path

Network+ : Started | Server+ : Pending
    Security+ : Pending | Linux+ : Pending
  • Options
    APAAPA Member Posts: 959
    70-270 is the exam code...... Do a search for this code on a online bookstore and you will get a list of available study guides.

I used MS Press' Self Paced Study guide when I was studying for 70-270.......

It was quite good but then again I can't compare it to anything else because thats all I used plus transcenders :D

CCNA | CCNA:Security | CCNP | CCIP
    JNCIA:JUNOS | JNCIA:EX | JNCIS:ENT | JNCIS:SEC
    JNCIS:SP | JNCIP:SP