Ghost Boot Disk

Lee HLee H Member Posts: 1,135
Hi

I have a GHOST boot disk that requires a serial code to be put in on each use of the software, in my old job i never had to do this.

Is there a way of editing the files on this floppy to incorporate the serial code so it wont ask me for it.

I know this may be vague to some, ask me anything and i will reply with the asnwers.

Thanks

Lee H

Comments

• georgemcgeorgemc Member Posts: 429
    I went looking at my ghost boot discs and this is what I found.

There's a file named 'ghost.env' that contains that following information:

Keynum : XXXXXX
    License : XXXXXXXX
    MaxPCs : 10
    Name : name
    Address1: org
    Address2:
    Keycode : XXXXXXXXXXXX

I'm not sure, but I think if you fill in the proper info., you'll be able to boot without typing in the code every time.

Let us know how it works out... :)
    WGU BS: Business - Information Technology Management
    Start Date: 01 October 2012
    QFT1,PFIT in progress.
    TRANSFERRED/COMPLETED: AGC1,BBC1,LAE1,QBT1,LUT1,QLC1,QMC1,QLT1,IWC1,INC1,INT1,BVC1,CLC1,MGC1, CWV1 BNC1, LIT1,LWC1,QAT1,WFV1,EST1,EGC1,EGT1,IWT1,MKC1,MKT1,RWT1,FNT1,FNC1, BDC1,TPV1 REQUIRED:
  • Lee HLee H Member Posts: 1,135
    i dont have a file of that name on my boot disk, it could be that i am using a earlier version than the one you have

i have a GHOSTERR.txt that has lots of text in it, nothing that begins License key though
    I've got Ghost 8.3 Corporate Edition.

You may be able to add a ghost.env or similar file to your disk. I believe it is read by default, I don't seem to have a batch file or equivalent that calls it.

Georgemc
    QFT1,PFIT in progress.
    TRANSFERRED/COMPLETED: AGC1,BBC1,LAE1,QBT1,LUT1,QLC1,QMC1,QLT1,IWC1,INC1,INT1,BVC1,CLC1,MGC1, CWV1 BNC1, LIT1,LWC1,QAT1,WFV1,EST1,EGC1,EGT1,IWT1,MKC1,MKT1,RWT1,FNT1,FNC1, BDC1,TPV1 REQUIRED:
    once i have selected the image it gives me a box saying

Enter Norton Ghost 2002 License Number

could you e-mail me a copy of the ghost.env file to lee.paul.harding@gmail.com

thanks for your time, it is much appreciated

lee H
    Lee,
    I've emailed a sample .ENV file to you. You may want to edit your previous to remove you email address. Otherwise you'll probably be subject to much more spam than you already receive.
    QFT1,PFIT in progress.
    i now have the task of finding all the information to input into the ghost.dev file

seeing as i didnt have one the information is not there

thanks for your help

lee h
    Anytime :D
    QFT1,PFIT in progress.