Options

I have decided

DejuiceDejuice Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
I passed my Network+ a few days ago with a score of 846, right now i am in a zone and so as not to lose any momentum i have decided to tackle 70-210 right away. Since most of you in this forum would have already completed this exam I am hoping to get some input from you. What I want to know is if I put in 4-5 hours of studying a day for 5 days a week for the next 5 weeks would November 30th be a realistic time for me to schedule my exam....is this enough time??? I will be using the MS Press Self-paced book, Exam2 Cram and transcenders as my core study material and then various other pratice exams and study that I have found on the web. I also have 2 computers and 1 laptop then I can network.

Comments

• Options
    colebertcolebert Member Posts: 79 ■■□□□□□□□□
    how much do you know about server? have you worked alot with it or are just encountering it? that seems like alot of time, but thats me. i personally think if i was that diciplined, i'd have my MCSE in 5 weeks.
  • Options
    jackman_2001jackman_2001 Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    These are the king of messages youll recieve here. I just took the server test about 3 days ago and I have been to all of the web sites for brain **** and even microsoft prep tests. It seems like no one even has a clue to the questions that are asked on this exam a couple of key points that you should no is the difference between file permissions on the local box and also over the network. Basic Disk and Dynamic Disks are big issues also.
  • Options
    LexxdymondzLexxdymondz Member Posts: 356
    First of all,

**** ARE FOR CHUMPS!

If you can't pass the test without **** you have no reason even being in the field, let alone taking the test at all.

If you need to know the types of question on the test:

http://www.microsoft.com/traincert/exams/70-215.asp
  • Options
    PavlovPavlov Member Posts: 264
    There are many sites out there that can help you get the questions and answers to take and pass all of these exams. The question is what type of MCSE do you want to be? The kind that just has the card in their wallet or the kind that people call when things go wrong because they know you know your stuff.

Stay away from the sites that spoon feed you questions and answers. Work the books - do the practice questions you find at the end of the chapters. Go to Microsoft's website and read their tech papers.

For the server exam... my advice... know your permissions and start getting comfortable with command line switches. You will see questions about both of those areas as well as basic disk management.
    Pavlov
    A+, Net+, i-Net+, CIW-A
    MCP NT4, MCSA 2K, MCSE 2K