Final Review for Exam

georgemcgeorgemc Member Posts: 429
Guys, let me know if you see any holes in my plan for tackling this exam after I finish reading the MS-PRESS book.

My review plan is as follows:

1. View Preplogic video training for 70-291
2. Reaccomplish all practice labs in MSPRESS book(I'm not able to complete the
remote access/dial-in labs due to not having the required phone line connectivity.
Any cost free suggestions would be appreciated.)
3. Run through preplogic question until I'm consistently scoring >95% (reviewing weak
areas/missed question in MS and Syngress book along the way.
4. Run through Syngress question(79) from their website until I'm consistently scoring
>95% (review as above).
5. Download and install WSUS in lab, play around with and try out the different features.
Review limited WSUS sections in chapters 12 and 15 of MSPRESS book.
6. Run through Transcender questions until I'm consistenly scoring >95% (review as in
#3).
7. Run through Techexams.net questions until I'm consistenly scoring 100% with
complete understanding.

Other than in my VPC lab, I do not work with the technology (W2k3) on a regular/daily basis.

I originally intended to have only Transcender and this Website for review questions, but the Syngress question came with their book and the full version of the PrepLogic questions came free with their MCSE video suite which I bought on special (10 videos for the price of 2, sale ends today by the way).

Georgemc icon_study.gif
WGU BS: Business - Information Technology Management
Start Date: 01 October 2012
QFT1,PFIT in progress.
TRANSFERRED/COMPLETED: AGC1,BBC1,LAE1,QBT1,LUT1,QLC1,QMC1,QLT1,IWC1,INC1,INT1,BVC1,CLC1,MGC1, CWV1 BNC1, LIT1,LWC1,QAT1,WFV1,EST1,EGC1,EGT1,IWT1,MKC1,MKT1,RWT1,FNT1,FNC1, BDC1,TPV1 REQUIRED:

Comments

• sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I would spend less time on the practice exams and more time on DNS in your lab setup. Run through each of your practice exams no more than twice, otherwise you hit a point of diminishing returns and also may fool yourself into thinking you are more prepared than you actually are.

The MS Press, PrepLogic videos and WSUS lab are sure fire techniques.
    Best of luck to you! icon_cool.gif
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • helms20helms20 Member Posts: 60 ■■□□□□□□□□
    sprkymrk wrote:
    I would spend less time on the practice exams and more time on DNS in your lab setup.

I agree with sprkymrk to a point. It really depends on how you work your practice tests. What I do is take the tests at least twice but I do not review. I take my score and report on my weak areas and then study that again. I come back and retake the exam 2 more times and see if I have improved. When I start scoring at least 90% I will then review the questions I missed and see if it is something I have studied or if it something I did not know.

Again this is what I do and in no way saying it is better than what sprkymrk said above.
    "Our arrows will blot out the sun."
    "Then we will fight in the shade."
  • hanakuinhanakuin Member Posts: 144
    I have a slightly different take on practice exams. I review each question as I take it, and if I miss one I'll do a little research and some lab work to reinforce the material. Really try to bolster my weak points before moving on. Taking practice exams just to take them is a waste of time; you really need get some good knowledge acquisition out of it. Just my 3 cents worth icon_lol.gif
  • helms20helms20 Member Posts: 60 ■■□□□□□□□□
    hanakuin wrote:
    I have a slightly different take on practice exams. I review each question as I take it, and if I miss one I'll do a little research and some lab work to reinforce the material

I started doing this but then realized that I was just memorizing the answers in some cases (not all). After doing this a couple of times I was able to just look at the answers and answer the question. Anyways to each his own and whatever works for you. :)
    "Our arrows will blot out the sun."
    "Then we will fight in the shade."