Options

Passed 70-270 Yesterday

bobsyerunclebobsyeruncle Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi im Chris from Middlesbrough in the UK. I was looking for last minute advice yesterday morning (30 minutes before setting off!) and found this site. I didn't have enough time to read through everything but I am quite glad I found it. Will be useful for other certs.

I booked the 270 test a week ago. I really under estimated this exam, at first I did a practice test and scored 500/1000 and it was alot harder than expected. Spent the last week studying very hard (luckily I was off work).

Anyway I passed 70-270, took 50 minutes and scored 921/1000.

I passed the 290 last year so only 2 more exams until MCSA :D Got 291 to do and I did the course for 228 (SQL) in December so I think im going to choose that as the optional exam.

Chris

Comments

• Options
    SpurSpur Member Posts: 95 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! Nice score! :)
  • Options
    georgemcgeorgemc Member Posts: 429
    Congrats! :D
    WGU BS: Business - Information Technology Management
    Start Date: 01 October 2012
    QFT1,PFIT in progress.
    TRANSFERRED/COMPLETED: AGC1,BBC1,LAE1,QBT1,LUT1,QLC1,QMC1,QLT1,IWC1,INC1,INT1,BVC1,CLC1,MGC1, CWV1 BNC1, LIT1,LWC1,QAT1,WFV1,EST1,EGC1,EGT1,IWT1,MKC1,MKT1,RWT1,FNT1,FNC1, BDC1,TPV1 REQUIRED:
  • Options
    hanakuinhanakuin Member Posts: 144
  • Options
    royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats and nice score!
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congratulations!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    RulkiewiczRulkiewicz Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi im Chris from Middlesbrough in the UK. I was looking for last minute advice yesterday morning (30 minutes before setting off!) and found this site. I didn't have enough time to read through everything but I am quite glad I found it. Will be useful for other certs.

I booked the 270 test a week ago. I really under estimated this exam, at first I did a practice test and scored 500/1000 and it was alot harder than expected. Spent the last week studying very hard (luckily I was off work).

Anyway I passed 70-270, took 50 minutes and scored 921/1000.

I passed the 290 last year so only 2 more exams until MCSA :D Got 291 to do and I did the course for 228 (SQL) in December so I think im going to choose that as the optional exam.

Chris

Congrats!

I just took the class last week at New Horizons (a training center) and I'm getting ready to study for hte exam. (I'm hoping 2-3 weeks)

Do you have prior networking knowledge? Also, what materials did you use to study with?

Thanks, and good luck with your next exams.
  • Options
    GeorgeMcFly22GeorgeMcFly22 Member Posts: 109
  • Options
    bobsyerunclebobsyeruncle Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Rulkiewicz wrote:
    Congrats!

I just took the class last week at New Horizons (a training center) and I'm getting ready to study for hte exam. (I'm hoping 2-3 weeks)

Do you have prior networking knowledge? Also, what materials did you use to study with?

Thanks, and good luck with your next exams.

Hi,

I have been working with large networks for the past 4 years so have alot of background knowledge with XP and networks. I have also done the 290 exam so had some experience of Microsoft exams.

As for studying materials I used the official course book from Microsoft (bought on ebay) and took some free practice tests online. Questions I failed on I went back to the book and read up on the topic again and used my XP PC to make sure I knew exactly how to do it.

Its a difficult exam I would never have passed if I did no studying even with my experience. Good Luck :) Make sure you know every topic inside out and you shouldn't have any problems.

Chris