Options

I finally Passed Intro!!!

michael_knightmichael_knight Member Posts: 136
I failed intro with a 733 a few weeks ago after failing 640-801 an unbelievable 4 times. Today I passed the intro with a 900!!! Thanks to everyone here that gave me tips from books to read to study methods. Someone actually said that I was probably over nervous, and I took that into account and I honestly believe it helped me pass. Thanks again to everyone...now to pass the icnd and get my ccna!

Comments

• Options
    georgemcgeorgemc Member Posts: 429
    Congrats! :D
    WGU BS: Business - Information Technology Management
    Start Date: 01 October 2012
    QFT1,PFIT in progress.
    TRANSFERRED/COMPLETED: AGC1,BBC1,LAE1,QBT1,LUT1,QLC1,QMC1,QLT1,IWC1,INC1,INT1,BVC1,CLC1,MGC1, CWV1 BNC1, LIT1,LWC1,QAT1,WFV1,EST1,EGC1,EGT1,IWT1,MKC1,MKT1,RWT1,FNT1,FNC1, BDC1,TPV1 REQUIRED:
  • Options
    GeorgeMcFly22GeorgeMcFly22 Member Posts: 109
    Thats a great spirit! Never give up.

Congrats!
  • Options
    Tricon7Tricon7 Inactive Imported Users Posts: 238
    I failed intro with a 733 a few weeks ago after failing 640-801 an unbelievable 4 times. Today I passed the intro with a 900!!! Thanks to everyone here that gave me tips from books to read to study methods. Someone actually said that I was probably over nervous, and I took that into account and I honestly believe it helped me pass. Thanks again to everyone...now to pass the icnd and get my ccna!

Well done!

It gives me hope that if I fail my first try, I should get up, dust my clothes off, and ride the horse again. I'm also curious as to how much all those tries cost you? And how long was it between your first try and when you finally passed?
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations! icon_thumright.gif

Good Luck on ICND!
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • Options
    seraphusseraphus Member Posts: 307
    Congratulations!!! icon_cheers.gif
    Lab first, ask questions later
  • Options
    michael_knightmichael_knight Member Posts: 136
    Tricon

It cost me a whole hell of a lot of money if I add it all up but my reasoning is that I will make it all back in either my first or second check once I have the cert. Now granted I'm already in a Jr Network Engineer role so I doubt that I will get a raise where I am and I don't want to leave (if I left I'm sure I would make more money but I need some more experience) When I was doing 640-801 I would take it almost every month. Some months I may have skipped a month or so, but unlike a lot of other people that post here I never saw a cisco router until a year ago and that was in a class room environment so I didn't have the experience of working with one going into the tests. All I can say is to never give up, and if you do have troubles save up and study in between the time your saving and you will pass. Splitting up the exams helped me as well
  • Options
    LOkrasaLOkrasa Member Posts: 343 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats! I take my 801 on the 30th. icon_confused.gif