need recommendations

bhavinimbhavinim Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
Any recommendations on the Cisco Press self-study guide versus the Cisco Exam Certification guide for the BSCI - 642-901?? I want to buy just one out of the two.

Comments

• mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    bhavinim wrote:
    Any recommendations on the Cisco Press self-study guide versus the Cisco Exam Certification guide for the BSCI - 642-901??

The Self-Study series usually covers the stuff you need to learn, the Exam Certification series usually is the review and exam preparation. In most cases you need both books to cover everything.

If the BSCI Self-Study hasn't been updated yet, you can fill in some of the information from the Cisco Documentation website or the Doyle Routing TCP/IP volumes. I have the 2nd Edition and I'm not sure what was added in the 3rd Edition... and if it covers what you need for the new version of the exam.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • bhavinimbhavinim Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for your prompt reply. I want to buy just one. Don't think have enough time to read both. So which one you recommend the most??
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    If time is an issue, then the Teare/Paquet is probably the only option -- the Exam Cert Guide looks like it won't be out until August 2007. I'd usually recommend the Self-study book anyways as the "single source" for an exam.

You may be going to the Cisco Docs for IPv6 and Multicast information.....

If you know someone who's done the new official course, you may want to mug them and take their copy of the offical courseware -- that is usually the best single source for the exams.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • bhavinimbhavinim Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□