Options

Something is not clear

nickgpopnickgpop Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello everyone ! There is something which is very interesting for me and I don't know the answer. I plan to take the CCNA exam (the old one 640-607) let say this month. And my quetion is: I read all the topics here, the kind of question which can appear on the test, the most difficult topics discussions, some sample exams.....BUT nowhere I did not see questions and topics about network management, network planning ? I was in a cisco academy with the cisco ccna preparation program 2.1.4 and in semester 1 and also in semester 3 of this programme there was a lot about patch cables, length of cables, outlets, patch panels, the way a networks should be build and all this boring things. But I do not see questions about this topics. I made the boson tests and there also there are no questions about this. So, are these topics covered in the exam. Is there any chance to have a question of this type ? Because they are really difficult to be remembered. icon_confused.gif:

Comments

• Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    I took the beta of the INTRO exam (1 of the 2 separate CCNA exams) and the CCNA 1.0 exam a long time ago, and there (still) are a lot of questions that cover basic networking. Cabling, basic protocols/network services, port numbers, etc.etc. I'm currently working on porting some of the material I wrote for Network+ to CCNA... for now, you could read our Network+ TechNotes which covers about 90% of those networking basics you need to know for (or before ;)) your CCNA.
  • Options
    nickgpopnickgpop Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Webmaster wrote:
    I took the beta of the INTRO exam (1 of the 2 separate CCNA exams) and the CCNA 1.0 exam a long time ago, and there (still) are a lot of questions that cover basic networking. Cabling, basic protocols/network services, port numbers, etc.etc. I'm currently working on porting some of the material I wrote for Network+ to CCNA... for now, you could read our Network+ TechNotes which covers about 90% of those networking basics you need to know for (or before ;)) your CCNA.

I think you did not understand me well. I wasn't talking about port numbers or network services.
    I am sure you have the lectures from the cisco academy program version 2.1.4. See chapter 8 from semester 1., chapter4 semester3,chapter7 semester 4. ? These are borring topics and I haven't seen a single question from these topics. Are they included ?
  • Options
    cresswellscresswells Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Get yourself familiar with CDP. It is nothing at all to do with things like HP Openview