CallManager version?

bmaurobmauro Member Posts: 307
Hey guys - I'm planning on starting my CCVP studies later this spring/summer and I'm really looking forward to it.

I'm starting to gather up the equipment I'll need for a small home Voice lab (can do some studies with equipment at work).

I've searched Cisco's site and here, and I can't find if the test is based off of CallManager 4 or 5.

In all honesty I don't know what the differenences are between the two, except that I read that CallManager 5.0 is only for Linux!! Here at work we run 4.1, and that is what I'm most familar with and also have the best chance of getting a copy to test out in my lab.

Thanks guys.

Comments

• mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    The Cisco CCVP Certification page says either

642-444 CIPT 4.1 (Cisco IP Telephony for Release 4.x)

OR

642-445 CIPT 5.0 (Cisco IP Telephony for Release 5.x)
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • bmaurobmauro Member Posts: 307
    Thanks mike - I was at that page looking through but the 642-444 CIPT 4.1 and 642-445 CIPT 5.0 didn't click in my little head that the 4.1 and 5.0 parts signified the CallManager version - makes sense though.

Thanks!
  • DaPunnisherDaPunnisher Member Posts: 108
    Im taking the 642-452 GWGK exam on the 24th. Wish me luck!
    Im taking the 642-452 GWGK exam on the 24th. Wish me luck!
    Good Luck! :D

Did you use that "new" Gateway/Gatekeeper Cisco Press book to prepare? If so, let us know if its good to study for the exam.

Are you racing the April 26 deadline for the old 642-452 version of the exam? (New version is 642-453).

And I'm about to post about the latest CCVP changes..... the IPTT will be replaced by TUC icon_eek.gif
  • mobri09mobri09 Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 723
    Call Manager 5 is more secure
    mikej412 wrote:
    Good Luck! :D

Did you use that "new" Gateway/Gatekeeper Cisco Press book to prepare? If so, let us know if its good to study for the exam.

Are you racing the April 26 deadline for the old 642-452 version of the exam? (New version is 642-453).

And I'm about to post about the latest CCVP changes..... the IPTT will be replaced by TUC icon_eek.gif

I'm taking 642-452. I'm using the Netg CBTs, Cisco Partner e-learning, OJT and lots of surfing on Cisco's website. icon_wink.gif

After I pass this exam, i'll only have CIPT and IPTT to finish CCVP. I already do AVVID break/fix support so these last two will be a peice of cake!
    I passed 642-452 950/1000! W00t!
    I passed 642-452
    Congratulations! icon_thumright.gif
  • Johnny 5Johnny 5 Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
    mobri09 wrote:

In addition to the OS change to Linux, the main difference in Callmanager 5 was the support for SIP endpoints. In Callmanager 4.0, it only support SIP trunks.

I think (but am not 100% sure) that Callmanager 4.2 and 4.3 support SIP endpoints too.
  • opers13opers13 Member Posts: 100
    Johnny 5 wrote:
    mobri09 wrote:

I think (but am not 100% sure) that Callmanager 4.2 and 4.3 support SIP endpoints too.

does anyone know if Callmanager 4.2 and 4.3 support SIP endpoints?

opers13