Options

Transender prep

tiggertigger Member Posts: 30 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hey all,

Finally getting ready for the exam and have to ask (even though it has probibly been asked 1000 times) If I consistantly do well on the Transenders, do you think that I could do well on the real exam?

I have been hitting the free sites for practice exams and starting to feel better about my chances, but I really want to concentrate on how the real Q's will be asked. Should I hit all the sites or stick with the Trans.

I always get the Wiiips before exams..

Thanks.

T.

Comments

• Options
    tahjzhuantahjzhuan Member Posts: 288 ■■■■□□□□□□
    i got a hold of the transcenders practice test a day before my exam. The test was easier for me than the transcenders were. Hope this helps!
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    I also used the transcenders for the 70-210 exam, and I think if you understand everything in the questions, but more importantly, the explanations, the real exam should be piece of cake.
  • Options
    colebertcolebert Member Posts: 79 ■■□□□□□□□□
    transcenders are HARDER than the test. the questions themselves, ARE NOT harder. The passing threshold is too high compared to the 70-210. I failed each one of my transcenders.

first test: 65%
    second test: 69%
    third test: 72%

If you can pass the transcenders i'd say you're ready.
  • Options
    maxxammaxxam Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I definatly think I should be looking into purchasing "Tansenders", I know very little about this product.

Can this be ordered online?

i've failed my first try at this test, I studied mostly at free test sites and found the real questions to be much longer and complicated. They were more of a situation based question vs. factual type questions asked on the free sites.

Do you guys recommend this type of product (transenders) for someone in my situation? I really dont want to flunk this test again.

Thanks,

Max
  • Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    I recently purchased Transcender download tests for Server+. These are definitely real-life-scenario type problems. There are a few questions involving just knowing a fact or two, but most seem to be good exam prep--I haven't taken the exam yet.

I can't say what the 70-210 Transcenders are like, but the Server+ has to be good prep.

URL for download of 70-210 test simulator exams is:

http://www.transcender.com/products/product.asp?SKU=CTPRC0500

They also have flash-card type quizzes for download too.

You can get them on CD-ROM too.

Best of luck on the exam!!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    LexxdymondzLexxdymondz Member Posts: 356
    I've used transcenders for all my MS tests and absolutly love them. They prep you for the types of questions that MS is going to ask and give great explanations for the answers. I have found that transcenders ask alot of questions that i haven't found covered too well in the Sybex study guides. A definate plus if you have transcenders on your side.

(just bought my transcenders for 217 and 219) :D:D
  • Options
    mikiemovmikiemov Member Posts: 182
    I agree, i have used Transcenders for all my exams and couldnt do one without them. I generally use sybex or a CBT based program for the "learning" element of the studying, then once finished use transcenders to polish off the revision side of things. Their explanations are very good and like you said, they fill in a lot of gaps which as it happens, I always get questions on !
    A woman drove me to drink, and I didnt have the decency to thank her.
  • Options
    pandimuspandimus Member Posts: 651
    I was able to get ahold of some transcender tests. and I love them now.. Actually what I really like are the flash CArds.. Has anyone had any experience wheeling and dealing with them? Trying to haggle the price down a bit? I think they are slightly over priced.. The guy from cram master called me and getting to talking to him, i could talk him down on the price.
    Xinxing is the hairy one.
  • Options
    PavlovPavlov Member Posts: 264
    Transcenders are pricey but the knowledge you gain is priceless. If you're using the product be sure to read the explanations for those questions you missed. If you have the referenced material then also a good idea to read the passage that Transcender refers you to.

Don't expect to find the exact questions on your exams. But if you understand the questions and the explanations then you've grasped the concept which is more important than getting the question right. :D
    Pavlov
    A+, Net+, i-Net+, CIW-A
    MCP NT4, MCSA 2K, MCSE 2K