Options

Revision

FR29FR29 Member Posts: 73 ■■□□□□□□□□
Does anyone know if CompTia will be updating the exam? Like maybe, with the new year. I just passed my NET+, and have A+, and I'm thinking about Security+.
Any rumors flying around out there?
She don't come, and I don't follow.

Comments

• Options
    RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    According to my last email from Comptia, there is no problems with the form or content of the exam and no plans to update or revise it in the near future.
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
  • Options
    Thanx, Russ!
    BTW: Is this a worthwhile cert to pursue, or should I be looking at a "better" avenue? I mean, with M$ coming out with "new, and revised" OS'. There's always gonna be a need for security people. icon_lol.gif
    Or, am I off base here?
  • Options
    RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Personally I believe that Comptia is on the right track as far as offering this exam. However they seriously need to rewrite/reword the objectives and the exam to make it more relevant and closer to 'real world' scenarios. I belive that they have dropped the ball while developing this exam - probably due to outside pressure I am thinking.
    For this exam they have gone out to SMEs for the writing of the exam, possibly thinking that they will get something a little fairer than if the usual technical authors also wrote the exam. However these SMEs may be very knowledgabe on the subject, but they do not think or write like an author and most of the questions are a little too wishy washy for a professional exam.
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
  • Options
    Not to sound dumb here, or anything. But what are SME's? icon_confused.gif:
  • Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Subject Matter Expert
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options