Options

Recommend additional resources

swordchucksswordchucks Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi everyone! I used techexams.net to pass both my A+ and Net+ exams last year, and for 2007 I have security + as my goal. I have purchased "Security+ Certification All-in-One Exam Guide" by Gregory White, as my first resource. What are some other "fan favorites" out there? Anyone taken the test think a particular book/resource is better than others?
Thanks in Advance!

Comments

• Options
    sthomassthomas Member Posts: 1,240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I used the Syngress book and the Sybex book along with techexams.net and it worked out well for me. Good Luck!
    Working on: MCSA 2012 R2
  • Options
    Sulblk27Sulblk27 Member Posts: 148
    I used sybex, preplogic, T-cat and various other resources. But then again, it takes more than one resource to take this test.
    Someone asked me when will my studying be over......
  • Options
    famosbrownfamosbrown Member Posts: 637
    I used MOC 2810, this site, and Measure UP practice exams. You should be fine.
    B.S.B.A. (Management Information Systems)
    M.B.A. (Technology Management)
  • Options
    Vogon PoetVogon Poet Member Posts: 291
    Books: Sybex, Syngress
    Practice Tests: MeasureUp, ExamCram
    Additional info: TechNotes from this site
    ...oh yeah, you will also want to review the exam objectives as you go along
    No matter how paranoid you are, you're not paranoid enough.
  • Options
    tschnabel99tschnabel99 Member Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
    By far the best is Inside Scoop to CompTIA Certification Security+. Tcat and Helen have the best book. I failed my first attempt and am ready to test with confidence again in part thanks to this book. It can be found online as a PDF. Mine is the second edition copy right 2003.
    Hain't no thang like a chicken wang!!
  • Options
    RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□