Self Test Software or Transcenders???

taterhawk2380taterhawk2380 Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
what do you think is the better of the 2? i saw on the STS site that they have instructor led training w/ pratice tests and all that and it sounds pretty good, but i've heard so many people that have used transcenders so i was wondering which one i should get and if i should wait until i have finished reading the MS pressbook or get it now to supplement my reading and independant studying.... thanks

stephen :D

Comments

• 2lazybutsmart2lazybutsmart Member Posts: 1,119
    I personally don't like instructor-lead courses (especially MOC's) becuase they don't give you what you want. For beginners, they don't lay down the building blocks; For advanced people, they don't quench their thirst for more knowledge.

Books, however, are the ultimate source of knowledge. Any casual observer can discern between an MS Press Book and an MOC course. They're not comparable in any aspect. Mastering series are also great books although one should start with simple ones like Training Kits where the book keeps you focused.

Practice exams, in my opinon, are great tools to use for technical studying. I always recommend Trancender becuase I've never flunked an exam in which I used Transcender for preparation. ;)
    Exquisite as a lily, illustrious as a full moon,
    Magnanimous as the ocean, persistent as time.
  • LexxdymondzLexxdymondz Member Posts: 356
    I also am a huge fan of transcender and self study. I have taken a class that was taught with the MOC's and there was not enough information provided in the class to pass the test. I've never had a problem reading the book and using transcenders.
  • taterhawk2380taterhawk2380 Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the feedback fella's... I appreciate it. I've been self taught so far , i've read about every book i can & then take plenty of practice exams. I bought the MSCE Self Paced book. so i figure i'll read read read and then i'll the transcenders route! thanks again

stephen