Options

Advice guys help :)

NightShade1NightShade1 Member Posts: 433 ■■■□□□□□□□
Im really confused in what path to fallow...

There is the Certification path and the master path

The master path will give you i guess administrative job while the Certification you will be like dunno a tech with LOT of knowledge! and really valuable...

Im going to start my intership soon... which i can do in
1)An airline(really REALLY big company in here) : My job will be doing administrative job by supervicing a project they got.
2)Medium sized company which is a gold member of Cisco: My job will be doing some supervicing and also might be helping someone in the configuring maybe and stuff like this... more technical stuff.

I was talking with my cousing which she is an engenier in a medium sized company... she was telling me that i should go to the administrative job that there is where the money is... that if i really wanted to do money go there.... She was telling me that at least in my country certificaets doesnt seems to be soo much i mean if a guy that knows a lot and lot would never do that much as the one that is doing the administrative job. She said that path is not worth in here(remenber im refering to my country not in general)

I really like the cisco path because all the thigns i learn in there are interesting to me....
But i dont want to be poor also lol... i would like to have a really good money.... The administrative job doesnt bother me at all..... i just like more the other path which doesnt seems to give me money lol a bit more...

The other pro of working int he airline is that if i worked there would look a way better in my curriculum than the one of the medium size company because im telling you its really big..... and if i can stay working there my starting salary is pretty high....

Now there is something i wanna know are there any admistrative position that these certificates are maybe requierd??? or they just are for the tech jobs?
I mean for example all the airline network is made up with cisco routers.... and i guess the ones in there should know something of it right?
The one interviwing me told me that they dont configure anything for example they are replacing some antenas with dedicated WAN lines but they arent configuring or doing anything to it they are hiring ppl to do it(at least that what i understand i could be wrong).... Which makes me think that for example getting a CCNP on that company could be a waste?
At least i got in my head that a ccnp for example will be configuring routers and making the network work smooth :)

Do any of you got any kind of these IT certificates when you are doing administrative job? and if you do its any useful?

What you would do if you were me?

Comments

• Options
    IncInc Member Posts: 184
    Imho, go for the Gold partner.

Because you will get to work on more projects, which broadens your horizon and adds to experience. Maybe even supporting that other company :) And you can prove yourself to be valuable enough to get a permanent position.

Also, technical knowledge helps either way, whether you're into engineering or sales business.
  • Options
    Ye Gum NokiYe Gum Noki Member Posts: 115
    How can you supervise folks if you don't know what they're doing? (Yeah, I know it happens all the time, but it's still not right).

Go with the Cisco deal, get in there and config those routers and switches. You will get more experience and respect that way.

Good Luck,
    "What we think, or what we know, or what we believe is, in the end, of little consequence. The only consequence is what we do." John Ruskin.
  • Options
    NightShade1NightShade1 Member Posts: 433 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Heh i decided to stay in the airlines... they just explained me everything better now... i ll be able to do some technical stuff and also i will see how they monitor and learn a bit of it and many other things not just the project ill be helping in many things it seems... and i liked it :)
    thanks for answer hehe