failed 70-290 what a load of sh@t

certifiabledudecertifiabledude Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
just failed my 70-290, i think this exam is a load of s@@t!.
studied for ages for this, i am really pi@.gifd off
not impressed at all!
also these bloody exams cost to much to keep bloody retaking the exams, its criminal!!!!!
Stephen , MCP and MCSA + Mesaging

Comments

• SieSie Member Posts: 1,195
    Sorry you didnt pass and i can understand its annoying.

Take a break do something to chill out for a while then get back into it study up on your weak areas and go back and nail it.

Im sure you'll do it next time! :D
    Foolproof systems don't take into account the ingenuity of fools
  • deneb829deneb829 Member Posts: 292
    What was your score?
    There are only 10 types of people in this world - People who understand binary and people who do not.
  • certifiabledudecertifiabledude Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Sie wrote:
    Sorry you didnt pass and i can understand its annoying.

Take a break do something to chill out for a while then get back into it study up on your weak areas and go back and nail it.

Im sure you'll do it next time! :D

thanks for your comments, its really frustrating to fail exams, my head feels like it is going to explode with all the study i have done, anyway il take a break now, cheers mate
    regards
    steve
  • certifiabledudecertifiabledude Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    deneb829 wrote:
    What was your score?

hello, my score was 603, very dissapointing,
    cheers
    steve
  • D-boyD-boy Member Posts: 595
    Sorry to hear that, but don't give up now, just look at your score sheet and study what you fell short on, 600 is not a bad score by any means... I think next time around you will get it...
    also these bloody exams cost to much to keep bloody retaking the exams, its criminal!!!!!

Also Microsoft offers Exam Insurance, I would take advantage of it if you can...

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/offers/insurance/default.mspx
  • sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    My condolences certdude. We have all been there (well most of us anyway) and failed. For me it was CCNA - failed twice before passing on the third attempt.

What seemed to give you the most trouble on the exam? A particular topic or two, or was it just the confusing 3 page essay questions MS likes to use?
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • bighornsheepbighornsheep Member Posts: 1,506
    sprkymrk wrote:
    We have all been there (well most of us anyway) and failed.

yes...yes...MOST people will at some point fail in something.

certifiabledude, was it WSUS that got you? Or something else? My suggestion for 290 is to make sure you have full understanding of this before you attempt 291, the concepts of AD and DNS is so vital in 291 that you should ensure your total understanding in 290 before you move on.

Check out the MS Win2k3 deployment kit, it's not directly nor entirely related to 290, but it covers alot of the same kinds of fundamentals.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/techinfo/reskit/deploykit.mspx

Cheers.
    Jack of all trades, master of none
  • nedenneden Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    just failed my 70-290, i think this exam is a load of s@@t!.
    studied for ages for this, i am really pi@.gifd off
    not impressed at all!

I understand your frustration. I've been studying off and on for around a month now and I keep failing the practice exams. The only hands on experience I have is with Small Business Server 2003 which is a lot different than Server 2003 Enterprise. My employer pays for my exams and schooling. Part of our deal is that if I fail a certification exam or a class I have to pay for it out of my own pocket. I was scheduled to take the exam on friday. Needless to say I'm going to give myself another 2 or 3 weeks before I actually attempt the exam to ensure that I pass.
  • leefdaddyleefdaddy Member Posts: 405
    Good luck on your next attempt. You should really calm down though :)
    Dustin Leefers
  • CosmocatCosmocat Member Posts: 60 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I know the frustration since I have failed once on a CompTIA test and I was so angry and thought I'd never dare to take the test again. BUT I studied for some more weeks and passed. Also, it feels even worse when you have to pay for the test yourself just as I always have.

I'm sure you'll pass on your next try and if it helps you can read my post after passing (it has some strategies and info about reading materials): http://www.techexams.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=22129

BEST OF LUCK :)
  • Yogib37Yogib37 Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hello
    I am new here to this form. I just took my 70-290 test today. I used Self test and i was getting around 70' to 80's on my scores.

I really bomb today. I am so mad and upset about it. I have yet to pass a Microsolth rip off test. I am very discourage. I am going to a school and I am doing fine there.

Just I dont know what to do with the test when I take them. I just dont feel good going into it, I am going into it thinking I will fail.

what you suggest to do? I study a lot and I cram for it.

Take care.

Yogi