Options

Taking the test next week...

RulkiewiczRulkiewicz Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
I was skimming through the fourm read other people results, and it seems like the majority of people for RIS, and NTFS/Share Permissions questions.

I have the 2272C MS offical Course book, what else could I use to help study for these topics? I have read the Permissions Technotes a few times, I seem to do well on the Transender and Practice Test on this site, but I already know the answers. Are there anyother online tests (for free) I could take to test my permissions knowledge?

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    hanakuinhanakuin Member Posts: 144
    The best way to practice for RIS & Security permissions is to setup a simple lab and get your hands dirty. You will gain much more knowledge by using it rather than running down practice tests.
  • Options
    Is it possible to download Virtual PC and set it up that way? I only have one PC at home.
  • Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Rulkiewicz wrote:
    Is it possible to download Virtual PC and set it up that way? I only have one PC at home.

That would be a great way to test permissions, but I think RIS might be hard to do with VPC. I haven't tried it myself, maybe someone that has can help. If you have a spare computer, you could do it by setting up Virtual Server on your main PC and then use the spare computer as the client.
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    I downloaded VPC 2007, but do I actually need to install a proper version of whatever onto that VPC? Or are there free downloads of the OS's for this application?
  • Options
    hanakuinhanakuin Member Posts: 144
    You can download an evaluation version of Server 2003. I don't think that you can download a eval client OS without msdn or technet plus. But if you already have a copy you can use it 30 days without registering so I would assume that doing that would be acceptable for testing it in a lab environment.