Options

Outlook locking user out.

albangaalbanga Member Posts: 164
icon_evil.gif Let me start by saying this is how i feel about this crazy issue.

Anyways. I am having a problem with a specefic user of ours within Microsoft outlook.

When this user leaves there computer for a long period of time (2+ hours). Outlook brings up a login box with username, password and domain and also locks out her account in active directory.

I have tried everything to resolve this issue! I have re-set her password, i have tried password never expires, user cannot reset password, i have even gone so far as to create her entire profile again (we run terminal services) but it just keeps on happening.

I am totally out of ideas. She is really cool about it, but i really want it to stop happening.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. I know the answer is probably staring me in the face, but i'll accept being an idiot to get this fixed.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    drakhan2002drakhan2002 Member Posts: 111
    Have you tried deleting the entire account and recreating it? I noticed you're tried fixing her terminal services profile, but I'm talking about her AD account.
    It's not the moments of pleasure, it's the hours of pursuit...
  • Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Can you set her up on another computer for a while to test if it still happens? It could be a Kerberos issue with the workstation. Do the event logs on her workstation or the Exchange server show any clues?

Are you using userid/password, or token/smart cards with PIN?
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    SieSie Member Posts: 1,195
    Is there any other application or service running thats automatically using her cached credentials to authenticate against it?
    Foolproof systems don't take into account the ingenuity of fools