Options

ccna study guide

sargesarge Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
hi everyone, i am new here, i study ccna, but i want to know which study guide is best for me, i weak in english language because i am a bengali medium students, in this reason can anybody tell me which studymate is in simple english and i i understand it, and also tell me in ccna practical sylabus router confg all comands i want to know, any book have there all parctical router confg command are in there?, pls help me,

Comments

• Options
    optimusoptimus Member Posts: 183
    Hi there,

It will not be easy if your English is weak, but I imagine it can be done.

The most "EASY" to understand book for myself was this one here by Todd Lammle. It is not as detailed as the Cisco Press books by Odom, but it is better than nothing.

CCNA: Cisco Certified Network Associate Study Guide, 5th Edition (640-801)

Good luck.
  • Options
    kafifi13kafifi13 Member Posts: 259
    I'm currently reading Odem's book and i like it alot. What i did first was a read a simple CCNA for dummies book. Then i hit the cisco press and it made it ALOT easier for me. Each person has thier own method.
  • Options
    DirtySouthDirtySouth Member Posts: 314 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Yep, I would agree the Sybex book (Lamle) is very easy to read IMO.
  • Options
    Tricon7Tricon7 Inactive Imported Users Posts: 238
    DirtySouth wrote:

Got any ideas where is a good place to get an inexpensive (used) copy of Lammie's book (most recent edition)?
  • Options
    IncInc Member Posts: 184
    Tricon7 wrote:
    DirtySouth wrote:

Got any ideas where is a good place to get an inexpensive (used) copy of Lammie's book (most recent edition)?

www.amazon.com
    www.ebay.com

Or ask around your local trading/networking mailing-lists.

33$ for a new one isn't a killer price, imho.

amazon offers used ones starting from 23$

Unfortunately, for international customers shipping bites.
  • Options
    mobri09mobri09 Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 723
    I picked up both the Cisco Press and Sybex. Cisco press is a really easy read. I highly recommed reading the Sybex chapter on Subnetting first before the Cisco press. Sybex does a really good job explaining subnetting.
  • Options
    JCrouseJCrouse Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Odems book is monotinous. Im not sure i can deal with another example of one of his kids as a network device .. /wrists
    Dont blame me, I just work here!
  • Options
    IncInc Member Posts: 184
    JCrouse wrote:
    Odems book is monotinous. Im not sure i can deal with another example of one of his kids as a network device .. /wrists

They have better SNR.
  • Options
    initialdinitiald Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Anyone used this or planning on picking it up?

The Ultimate CCNA Study Package
    http://www.thebryantadvantage.com/
    Regg'

"Life without knowledge is death in disguise."
  • Options
    Initiald: Im using the TBA(The Bryant Advantage) right now along with his TS videos. Excellent Material.

Also, you get access Bryan via his private web boards, so its kinda like a CCIE in your back pocket. He'll help with router configs, Troubleshooting hardware issues and the like. So, all and all its a pretty good little deal for 100 bucks.
  • Options
    initialdinitiald Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Initiald: Im using the TBA(The Bryant Advantage) right now along with his TS videos. Excellent Material.

Nice! I've been using the Train Signal CBT and he's the instructor.
    Also, you get access Bryan via his private web boards, so its kinda like a CCIE in your back pocket. He'll help with router configs, Troubleshooting hardware issues and the like. So, all and all its a pretty good little deal for 100 bucks.

Ok, I'm going to definitely give this a look. Thanks!
    Regg'

"Life without knowledge is death in disguise."
  • Options
    NightShade1NightShade1 Member Posts: 433 ■■■□□□□□□□
    JCrouse wrote:

So if i buy his material ill get access to his private board????? and ask any question i want to him ???
    how frequently does he asnwer question in it???
    I have seem there is a new pack of him of CCNP didnt put it too much interest... but i would be really interested if i could ask him all my doubts in his forum... lol
  • Options
    The turn around is excellent. Not a lot of questins are asked but when asked usually answered within 24hrs if that most times. He is pretty active on his boards also, you can mail him directly for support as well. All around its an EXCELLENT package for 100 bucks.
  • Options
    NightShade1NightShade1 Member Posts: 433 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Nice....that got me interest... i mean the personal support he give to you...
    i mean the study guides and all the study material i can get it anywhere but not that personal support... i like that. I ll think in buying that now
  • Options
    mrkoreanmrkorean Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I only got Bryant CCNA materials and his old CCNP TS video. I like reading his CCNA materials, he points out things that the Cisco exam will try and trap you with. The TS video on the other hand is so boring...zzzz I think it is his voice, its very monotone. To his credit, the vids I have read so far are very technical and indepth. He does a lot of hands on debug, verifying and troubleshooting on the routers.