Options

Transcender and test format question

TheJanitorTheJanitor Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Are all the questions situational ie..Your company has purchased blah blah .... or are there single answer questions like "what does LDAP stand for" ????

Comments

• Options
    ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Mostly situational, very few short questions. They are adding simulator and hot-area style questions.
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
  • Options
    Special_k21Special_k21 Member Posts: 155
    What are hot-area style questions?
  • Options
    ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I don't know what the MS name for the questions are, but I have run into a couple on various exams.

One might be a picture of a network setup with information. Then there will be a question stating that host A can not comunicate with server B, click on the piece of hardware that is not configured properly.

On the 217 exam, I had a question that said "you want to acomplish X. In the following box are the necessary steps. Put them in order" then I had a box with the different steps listed, and there was a button to move them to another list and to change their order.

If you go to microsoft.com/traincert and look around, you should be able to find a demo of new question types. This is useful so you don't get any suprises.
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
  • Options
    Special_k21Special_k21 Member Posts: 155
    thanks for the input. I know what you are talking about now though. They give a lot of those on the network+ practice questions on cert21.com
  • Options
    TheJanitorTheJanitor Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks I take exams next week