Options

Chaps Questions

5no-yt5no-yt Member Posts: 79 ■■□□□□□□□□
OK - I've set a date for the exam for about a month from now.
I'm going to post all my questions in this topic. ( I'm sure theres going to be lots - I know .. I'm an annoyance! Sorryyyy! )
I'm using the MS Press book and CBT Nuggets to study.
Lets get it started,

- Do you think the tech notes contain most of the 'important' info that needs to be rememberd... so if i read a chapter in my MS book, do the examples etc.. then come back at a later date and use the tech notes for revision this would be cool?

- do you have access to help and support when sitting the exam?

- Dynamic Update - Is this just used for updating a pc with windows installed on it to bring it up to the latest patched version? or does this update the files when installing - this one confused me a lil. (May need to watch that CBT Nugget again)

Answer as many or little of these as you want.

Thanks heaps - hope this topic lasts icon_lol.gif
-Chapt3r
Security is like exercise: everyone talks about it, but not many people do it.
-J.R.Purser

Comments

• Options
    sthomassthomas Member Posts: 1,240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Chapt3r:4 wrote:
    Do you think the tech notes contain most of the 'important' info that needs to be rememberd... so if i read a chapter in my MS book, do the examples etc.. then come back at a later date and use the tech notes for revision this would be cool?

That would be good, the best thing to do for this exam is to install Windows XP Pro and play around with it.
    do you have access to help and support when sitting the exam?

No
    Dynamic Update - Is this just used for updating a pc with windows installed on it to bring it up to the latest patched version? or does this update the files when installing - this one confused me a lil. (May need to watch that CBT Nugget again)

This is what I found on Microsofts website.
    Windows XP provides you with the ability to download updates from the Internet for use in Windows XP Setup. These updates are for critical issues, updated drivers, and replacement files. This update process occurs after you click Yes, download the updated setup file (Recommended) during Windows XP Setup. In a corporate environment, an administrator may want to download these updates and then incorporate them into a deployment so that each client does not need a connection to the Internet to download these updates.
    Working on: MCSA 2012 R2
  • Options
    Thanks sthomas

Another quick question now,

Are all the questions multichoice?
    Do you have access to the command prompt?
    -J.R.Purser
  • Options
    doom969doom969 Member Posts: 304
    Some of the questions are multiple choice, choose 1 answer.
    Some are choose everything that apply.
    No simulations.
    You dont have access to the command prompt, the only thing you have access to, outside of the exam itself is the windows calculator.

Good luck with your study.

Doom969
    Doom969
    MCITP (EST - EA ) - MCT
    A+ - IBM - SBSS2K3 - CISCO_SMB
    CompTIA : A+
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    You won't have any access to the machine you're testing on, save for the testing software. For all intents and purposes, you can think of the machine as a thin client, and you only get what you bring with you; (in this case, you'll only be allowed to bring an erasable marker and two laminated pages to write notes on, nothing else).

As for the specifics on the types of questions you'll see, I think that's already been answered. From the sounds of it, I think you need to stress the test less, and get more hands-on experience with XP Pro before you sit for the exam. The information in the MS Press book is meant to be absorbed along with doing the actual work, so I'd recommend you try to have done every example and case study they give you, so you've had your hands on each concept at least once. If you do that, a lot of things will make more sense, and you'll be less thrown off by semantics on the test, and you won't have to worry so much about memorizing facts, and instead just remember the things you've been working with.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    Great advice thanks Slowhand

I'm just a little worried about remebering alll the switches etc.. is it really important to memorise allllll the switches or just a general knowledge of them?
    -J.R.Purser
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Don't sweat the details too much. The study material with list the most common switches and commands you need, along with the common applications within XP that you'd use for troubleshooting and administration. Just look at the training material, make sure you've learned all the objectives that are listed on the MCP site, and you'll be alright.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.