Options

Passed with an 814

etsatcometsatcom Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Just wanted to inform everyone that I passed my Security+ Exam this morning with an 814. I used the Sybex book along with some practice tests, and the tech notes from this website. Definately glad I used a few different resources, it helped to identify things that were worded differently on the exam. Thanks to all of you who provided information to this board, it sure helped.

Comments

• Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
  • Options
    sthomassthomas Member Posts: 1,240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Nice Job! icon_thumright.gif
    Working on: MCSA 2012 R2
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations! icon_thumright.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    SpurSpur Member Posts: 95 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations! :)

Im sitting this one myself in a few weeks.. Any advices?
  • Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congratulations!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    Spur wrote:
    Congratulations! :)

Im sitting this one myself in a few weeks.. Any advices?

I would advise you to read over multiple references as the language they used was a little different from the Sybex book. After that assuming that the version test you are going to take, I would make sure that I had a good understanding of IPSec, Crypto, and policies. Seemed to me that those areas were the most prevalent. Overall the test lined up exactly with the objectives, so if you feel confident that you can answer the objectives you should be fine. One thing that I found was that it took me less than 30 minutes to complete the exam, but almost an hour to review it (had to be sure I didn't choose the wrong answer). My advice would be to answer what you know, and mark for review the questions that you need to look into more in depth, it might save you some time. Good luck on the exam, let us know how you do.
  • Options
    Thank you to all of you. This is a great forum, any of you pursuing your CCNA? I am deciding on whether to tackle that cert next or the A+ 2006. I am confident I could pass both with little study, but is anyone here going for these as well? If so, I will see you in the respective forum. Again thanks.
  • Options
    kenny504kenny504 Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 237 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Ohh man thats a good score. I plan on taking my sec+ in a few days any tips?? I have sybex book..and test out cbt's i feel as if i'm ready. I wanna find as much practice exams as possible now. Becuz i think i can tackle any question on the objective list for this exam.
    There is no better than adversity, every defeat, every loss, every heartbreak contains its seed. Its own lesson on how to improve on your performance the next time.
  • Options
    RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats icon_thumright.gif
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
  • Options
    NPA24NPA24 Member Posts: 588 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Excellent job!