Options

Half way down the MCSE journey

Ok, after taking a month off from certifications and reading a (fun) security and penetration testing book, I've decided to get my MCSE. I have to take 216, 217, a design exam, and I would like to take 214 for my other elective due to the fact that sooner or later I'm going to take the Security+. Does anyone have any suggestions on the order in which to take these, and does anyone have any suggestions on which design exam to take? icon_confused.gificon_confused.gif

I figure It would be easier to get the MCSE now and upgrade then wait and be lazy and have to take 6 2003 exams when I felt that I screwed myself.

All comments and suggestions welcome.... :D

Comments

• Options
    ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I have taken my exams in the following order 210, 215, 217, 219. I saved 216 for last (Exchange 5.5 and TCP/IP are my electives). I studied for 217/219 together and found that the 219 exam was easier that way. Whatever Design exam you pick, study for it with or immediately after the corresponding Implementing exam.
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
  • Options
    2lazybutsmart2lazybutsmart Member Posts: 1,119
    Ok, after taking a month off from certifications and reading a (fun) security and penetration testing book, I've decided to get my MCSE. I have to take 216, 217, a design exam, and I would like to take 214 for my other elective due to the fact that sooner or later I'm going to take the Security+. Does anyone have any suggestions on the order in which to take these, and does anyone have any suggestions on which design exam to take? icon_confused.gificon_confused.gif

I figure It would be easier to get the MCSE now and upgrade then wait and be lazy and have to take 6 2003 exams when I felt that I screwed myself.

All comments and suggestions welcome.... :D

Have u made up your mind as to which course (i.e. Win2k or Win2003) to take? I mean, you're already an MCSA (a stone's throw from MCSE), but in Win2k (I suppose). Now since you haven't studied for the remaining exams yet, do you want to stay on the 2k track, or would it be a good idea to hop on to the 2003 track, no matter what the hardships?
    Exquisite as a lily, illustrious as a full moon,
    Magnanimous as the ocean, persistent as time.
  • Options
    LexxdymondzLexxdymondz Member Posts: 356
    I would rather stay on the 2k track and just upgrade to 2k3 later on then to start fresh and waste all the time I've studied on the 2k track. To me, I think upgrading would be much easier than to have to start all over again.