Options

Security+ questions

internetdeityinternetdeity Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
I am going to start preparing for the Security+ exam. I have ordered the Sybex (Deluxe) book to review and I have been involved in network security/admin for several years. I guess my question is, are the questions in the Security+ exam similar to the Microsoft questions in the way that the MS questions are long and dragged out? I have noticed that some of the Security+ practice questions are short and sweet (ie: What port does <insert random service> use?). Any feedback on this exam and tips to prepare is greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Options
    mrhaun03mrhaun03 Member Posts: 359
    From my experience the questions were short and sweet. However, you will get some long-winded questions...not many though.
    Working on Linux+
  • Options
    Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
    The best example of what the questions for the Security+ exam will be like are the example questions on the Comptia website.
  • Options
    frank3969frank3969 Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I just took it two weeks ago and most of them were to the point. Only a few were paragraphs, but mostly b/s kinda of stuff. make sure you know kerberos works on port 88 and that another word for piggybacking is stacked. Make sure you study on DAC,RBAC, ect, and also on forensics and desister&recovery
  • Options
    Vogon PoetVogon Poet Member Posts: 291
    Not even close to those horribly long Microsoft questions.
    There are quite a few that are poorly worded though.
    Sybex does a good job covering the objectives. After that, I would suggest several different practice tests that word the info differently, because that's what you'll see on the test. I used MeasureUp and ExamCram practice tests.
    It's not too bad. TechNotes on this site are very good.
    No matter how paranoid you are, you're not paranoid enough.