Passed ICND!

james_james_ Member Posts: 97 ■■□□□□□□□□
Just got back from the test center. My score was 868. I completely skipped a simulation question - after about 12 minutes of trying to figure out what it was I was meant to do, I kinda gave up on it, noting that I had 20 minutes left for 24 questions.

I feel kinda bad, I should have known what it was I was meant to do, love to go into details.... but NDA prevents that... icon_wink.gif

Used CISCO Press ICND as my main study guide, supplemented with Sybex and LearnKey CBT. Practice question were Transcender (Priceless, apart from the simulation question, the exam felt just like a practice set from Transcender) and also questions from the ICND CISCO Press book's CD.

Took about 3 and a half months of studying for this one.

Next up is MCSA, after a few days of relaxing, can't express how good it feels to have succeeded in getting my CCNA!

Good luck to all studying!

James.

Comments

• seraphusseraphus Member Posts: 307
    lol

Congrats! icon_cheers.gif
    Lab first, ask questions later
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations! icon_thumright.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • DirtySouthDirtySouth Member Posts: 314 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Good job, dude!
  • Sulblk27Sulblk27 Member Posts: 148
    Congrats!
    Someone asked me when will my studying be over......
  • borumasborumas Member Posts: 244 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats, just curious, did you have many ACL questions? I have been going through some simulations but I don't have any good ACL labs in my hands so I'm curious if I need to worry too much about that or just concentrate mostly on RIP, EIGRP, and OSPF for sims. Don't go into any details but I'd like to know if it is stressed much on the test as I'm hoping to take it before the end of April.
  • james_james_ Member Posts: 97 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats, just curious

Thank-you all!

Borumas, without giving too much away, I would say ACLs are important to know. I have known people to get sim questions on ACLs. I did encounter several multiple choice questions, but mine were quite basic. It's really the luck of the draw on the day.
  • malcyboodmalcybood Member Posts: 900 ■■■□□□□□□□
    nice one, congrats
  • antonio banderasantonio banderas Member Posts: 102
    Congrads...

This should give your resume that certain sparkle that employers look for...
    Network/Radiation Oncology Analyst III