Options

CCNA curriculum and preparedness questions

Coconut FlakeCoconut Flake Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
I have completed 3 semesters of CCNA (2.1.4) Academy and I am on my 4th semester (3.0). <--- this is what has totally thrown me off course. they changed the curriculum on my last semester at the academy. it is different. I plan to take the CCNA based on the old curriculum because I was preparing in that one. I even bought the Boson 640-607router tests to make sure I am on track. what are my chances with all this of passing the CCNA? will aceing the router tests do it or do I need to go chapter by chapter on the old curriculum?I mean I am nervous because of the changes. icon_sad.gif

Comments

• Options
    viper75viper75 Member Posts: 726 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Well, I'm in the same shoes your are in. I just recently completed my 2nd semester in the Cisco Academy in night school, CCNA 2.1.4 and now they switched to the new one 3.0. I just began my 3rd semester and it's a whole new curriculum. My Prof. said that the new test has more things in it and it's a harder test. I have to work a bit harder to get all the new things in the new curriculum. This kind of sucks, but what can we do about it. Don't worry man...you're not alone! icon_cry.gif
    CCNP Security - DONE!
    CCNP R&S - In Progress...
    CCIE Security - Future...
  • Options
    smity_ozsmity_oz Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    How about this, I did semesters 1 and 2 ver2 and now doing semester 3 version3 and I skipped ACL's completelly........ And im expcted to submit a case studie on em, I need a bridging coarse of something to cater for skipped material, but what about all the junk we had to learn that is no longer apart of it grrrrr.
    Keep it FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    CGDreamCGDream Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    by the way. they change chapters exames also. insted of one answer there is multi answer for each question. that's bad really.

i am finished my ccna academy. i am now ccnp academy and doing the old version. they told us next semester we will change to the new version. advanced switching. poor us really. icon_sad.gif
  • Options
    smity_ozsmity_oz Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Yea I know the chapter exams are alot tougher now. But on the final there is also multiple choise multiple answer questions, but your exam gets re graded and you get a score for each question you got righ out of the multiple answers questions, but I think its up to your instructor if he wishes to use the orignal grade or the re grade. Eg. 2 question exam question 1 = 3 answers question 2 = 2 answers, you get 2 out of 3 and 2 out of 2 your overall mark would be 4/5 instead of 0/2.
    They should let you finish the coarse you started and only put people on new curriculm from semester 1 not halfway or at the end or run a bridging coarse to compensate for missed modules.
    Keep it FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!