Too good to be true?

markzabmarkzab Member Posts: 619
EDITED.

Go down...
"You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!" - Rocky

Comments

• initialdinitiald Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Also, first time tonight I'm seeing a 2613. Anyone know the difference between that and the 2610?

2613 allows you to connect Token Ring.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps259/prod_eol_notice09186a008045e0c9.html
    Regg'

"Life without knowledge is death in disguise."
  • markzabmarkzab Member Posts: 619
    Scratch them...I wound up placing bids on these 3...

2610: Has "BRI 4B-U and WIC 1DSU T1 Modules". Not 100% sure what those 4 BRI ports are used for yet but I figured the more the merrier?

227008-4.jpg

2612: Has "1 Ethernet Port, 1 Token Ring Port, 2 WIC Slots and 1 NM Slot!". I'm hoping it's not bad I get 2 routers with different options and interfaces on them?

245a_1.JPG

2950: WS-C2950C-24

MVC389F.JPG

Am I going about this the right way? Or should the 2 routers hold the same modules as each other?
    "You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!" - Rocky
    Man, just realised the 2612 has "2 WIC Slots and 1 NM Slot!", and not the actual cards in place. This sucks man. I think I'm just gonna get something from ciscokits. icon_evil.gif
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    :D

Nope... they are "for real." I see they are still having the run on 2600s and 3640s.

I think on my first order from them I email (or called, can't remember) to get the shipping cost -- great packing and very reasonable shipping costs (and they combine items for shipping). I've gotten a bunch of NMs from them that I remember.

You can just "quote" a message that has the "short descriptive URLs" to see how its done.... but you put the description between the two URL tags, and then add =http://the.url.com after the URL and before the ] in the opening/first URL tag.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
    Mike, I deleted that first post because I found the other stuff in the 2nd post. Am I normally going to find myself buying routers without the actual cards and just slots in them? I'd then have to buy the WIC cards and NM cards? How much more are the cards after I buy the routers?
  • JCrouseJCrouse Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Ive bought most of my routers bare. The wic cards ive bought are

3x WIC1T @ 23dollars per
    2xBRI S/T @ 8 dollars per
    1xWIC2T @ 74 dollars

I dont think i'll buy from ciscokits again because of the outrageous shipping costs. But, thats my opinion!

I'll make you a deal on ISDN WIC's if you need. I have 6 rotting on a shelf. 20 bucks for the lot + shipping. PM me!

JC
    Dont blame me, I just work here!
  • seraphusseraphus Member Posts: 307
    Those BRI ports are for ISDN, as you probably know...

Welcome to the modular game.

At this point, I'd base what cards you decide to get on
    what type of frame switch your gonna' setup.
    (2521 or 4500 w/serial NM, 26xx/36xx with NMs and wic-2t's,wic-2a/s's, etc.)

At that point, your 2600s will have wic-1ts or wic-2ts....

Here's the sickest guide, though:

http://techexams.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=15221

I think that 2612 was a good bet. Most people (in the 2600 game) are going
    for all 2610/2611s, while the 2612s are cheaper and do the same thing.
    (excluding the extra e-net port, of course!)

And if I'm not mistaken, you can **** the 2600xm IOS on them...

or, you could sell 'em... icon_confused.gif [/b]
    Lab first, ask questions later
    AHHHH! WIC-1T QDJASUHGDHAGGDAJHGDGJASVDGASV-3m,dszhnfsjd-4

What the hell... icon_eek.gif

I just want a damn router. icon_lol.gif
  • Darthn3ssDarthn3ss Member Posts: 1,096
    If you want to get a bare router, i found a seller whose selling 2600's cheap, and bare. They'd need a memory upgade and atleast a serial module for you to do anything useful with them though, i almost bought 2 2610s but instead i bought 3 2924's..... i figure 6 routers is enough for this week...

http://stores.ebay.com/Maxis-Technologies_W0QQssPageNameZstrkQ3amefsQ3amesstQQtZkm
    http://search.stores.ebay.com/Maxis-Technologies_2600_W0QQfciZQ2d1QQfclZ3QQfsnZMaxisQ20TechnologiesQQfsooZ1QQfsopZ1QQftsZ2QQsaselZ44833306QQsofpZ0 for the lazies :-p
    Fantastic. The project manager is inspired.

In Progress: 70-640, 70-685
    Yeah Maxis. They were who I was originally talking about in the first post that I deleted.
  • Darthn3ssDarthn3ss Member Posts: 1,096
    what did that 2950 go for?
    Fantastic. The project manager is inspired.

In Progress: 70-640, 70-685
    Darthn3ss wrote:
    what did that 2950 go for?

I have the high bid at $101. Still has some time though. It's not new so I think some people are worried about the quality.
  • JCrouseJCrouse Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    It will shoot up into the 300's at end. Ive been trying to get a 3rd for awhile now.
    Dont blame me, I just work here!
  • mgeorgemgeorge Member Posts: 774 ■■■□□□□□□□
    A router is a router lol especially a 2600 series... the more interfaces ya got the more you can do with it... just make sure you can get enterprise ios if you can

would be noted by the "j1s3" in the bin file name

c2600-j1s3-mz-12.3-22.bin

ta da....
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1
    I won the 2612 for like 45 bucks. Shipping is 30 but I guess it's still a decent deal.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260100688369

What else should I get? Since this router has a token port should I get another router with it as well or it doesn't matter? He has another one up for sale. Same set-up.

Anyone have a link to a site that can sell me the wic-1t's at a good price? I need to buy cables as well. Also, and this is a rookie question, but what is the NM slot for?
    markzab wrote:
    I won the 2612 for like 45 bucks. Shipping is 30 but I guess it's still a decent deal.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260100688369

What else should I get? Since this router has a token port should I get another router with it as well or it doesn't matter? He has another one up for sale. Same set-up.

Anyone have a link to a site that can sell me the wic-1t's at a good price? I need to buy cables as well. Also, and this is a rookie question, but what is the NM slot for?

Looks like ebay is the best place to find the WIC's. Found a few cheap ones there as well as a console cable cheap too. Still wondering if the other router I get for now should be with a token ring port as well...or that doesnt matter really?
  • seraphusseraphus Member Posts: 307
    No, you don't need another router with a token ring
    interface... unless token ring is your thing
    icon_wink.gif
    Lab first, ask questions later