Options

801 sitting today

LOkrasaLOkrasa Member Posts: 343 ■■■□□□□□□□
Well I sit the exam today in about an hour and a half. I have been studying like a mad man for the last week but I still am not going in with an expectation of passing. I dont post much here but I lurk and read the postings all the time. I will be back in several hours to finally post my exp on the exam and let you all know how I did. Wish me luck!

Comments

• Options
    shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    Good Luck!....go in with a positive attitude
  • Options
    oliverwoliverw Member Posts: 64 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Yeah hope it all works out
  • Options
    antonio banderasantonio banderas Member Posts: 102
    Go in with the expectation of passing this exam....

I see that many people have been discouraged by the simulations they get hit with and they let the simulation dictate their game plan...

But, make sure you have your own game plan set and pass it...

NO ROOM FOR DOUBTERS, only TEST PASSERS..

NOW GET YOUR CCNA...
    Network/Radiation Oncology Analyst III
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Have you passed yet? :D
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    Sorry to dissapoint guys... I got a 669.

I had just ONE network simulator question involving ACLs, which was very straightforward and easy. I went in with tons of preparation. The first 23 questions were pretty much all troubleshooting style with examples of topology etc and they were very hard for me. The last half was actually very easy and I had no problem with those... I signed up again to take the exam in 4 weeks. Gonna take a couple days off and start hitting the grinder again... I refuse to give up!
  • Options
    markzabmarkzab Member Posts: 619
    LOkrasa wrote:

I had just ONE network simulator question involving ACLs, which was very straightforward and easy. I went in with tons of preparation. The first 23 questions were pretty much all troubleshooting style with examples of topology etc and they were very hard for me. The last half was actually very easy and I had no problem with those... I signed up again to take the exam in 4 weeks. Gonna take a couple days off and start hitting the grinder again... I refuse to give up!

Good attitude. Keep on pushin'.
    "You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!" - Rocky
  • Options
    IncInc Member Posts: 184
    LOkrasa wrote:

That's the spirit!

Good luck and don't worry - next time you'll be calm and ready!
  • Options
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    That's how they getcha. Study up, figure out where your weak areas are, and good luck on your next attempt. We're all looking forward to seeing that "I PASSED!" posting in the near future.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    remyforbes777remyforbes777 Member Posts: 499
    What are you using for study material. I am using two seperate books. Sybex and McGraw Hill (actually a good book). What I do is, I read a chapter from one book, then read the corresponding chapter in the other book, keeping notes and making notecards along the way. I highlight important facts as well as write them down in my notebook. I try reading as much as I can out loud to myself, I find that it enables me to remember more easily. I also practice what I have learned in an open lab which is located at my school.
  • Options
    Sounds like you will be passing on your first try. I just used the two self study books by cisco press. They were good but the questions on the exam are a little tricky. I went to Barnes and Nobles and saw the Sybex book. I saw a couple questions that were on the exam being explained in detail. Needless to say I bought it. So far its really good. I dont care about NAT bc I understood it the first time when I was studying for the exam. Only thing that gets me is the damn IP Routing protocols... Just too many rules/etc to remember!