Options

70-270 down!!

rhelt100rhelt100 Member Posts: 46 ■■□□□□□□□□
Yep, took my 70-270 yesterday and passed with a 968/1000. Test seemed pretty easy, but I was very overprepared.

Studied real hard for about 2 weeks and studied off and on between work for about 3 months prior to my 2 weeks of cramming.

Study materials:

MS Press 70-270 Book
CBT Nuggets (an old version that a coworker hooked me up with)
Transcenders

Now for the beast!

Comments

• Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Very cool, and congrats on the high score. I wish you luck on the future exams, I'm sure that your study habits will serve you well in passing 70-290, 70-291 and beyond. Oh, and welcome to the MCP club.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    deneb829deneb829 Member Posts: 292
    congrats!

I was over prepared also. It looks like for the same reason - we took the 70-290 exam before we took 70-270. This exam was considerably easier than server.
    There are only 10 types of people in this world - People who understand binary and people who do not.
  • Options
    royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats and good luck with 70-291!
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congrats!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Well, damn, I think I'm going blind; you already passed 70-290. Heh, heh. . . then good luck on 70-291, and your path to the ol' MCSA.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    Slowhand wrote:
    Well, damn, I think I'm going blind; you already passed 70-290. Heh, heh. . . then good luck on 70-291, and your path to the ol' MCSA.

Yep, 2xMCP for me. My next MS test is the 70-291, but my job is asking me to get the HP Certified Tech cert (HP2-061) before I continue with 70-291. So, I'm going to try to prepare for and pass that test in the next month so I can continue towards the MCSA. Thanks everybody :)
  • Options
    Good news. I passed my HP2-061 exam today with a 93.3%. Took two weeks of off and on studying. The fact that it's an open book test made it kinda simple compared to the MS tests.

Now, I can move on to the beast that is 70-291.