Options

study materials

babyxxxbabyxxx Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
pls could anyone recommend any books for 70-290 windows 2003 server exam

Comments

• Options
    GeorgeMcFly22GeorgeMcFly22 Member Posts: 109
    I'm preparing for that exam, and reading and doing "Mspress 70-290 Windows Server 2nd Edition".
    I'm half past now and must say its a really good book.
    I say "doing" because there are a lot of exercises and troubleshooting scenarios, that i do with vmware.
    On the other hand when i'm tired of reading, i have the cbt nugget videos with James Conrad, that i really recommend too.
  • Options
    GrigsbyGrigsby Member Posts: 69 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I am going to take my 70-290 tomorrow.

I have read the MS 70-290 Training Kit book, the Sybex 2nd edition 70-290 and the Exam Cram 70-290.

I have not passed the exam yet, but I believe by far I prefer the Exam Cram.

The MS Training was good, but it does not give you the whole story. It was the first book that I started using. It has lots of good labs and exercises, but it starts at a level that assumes that you have some background in the subject, which I did not.

I would not start with the MS Training kit. It does not cover the basics before hitting the ground running. For example, Group Policy is never introduced in this book, but it hints at throughout the entire book and never really breaks it down for you.

I have been doing networking for a long time, but was new to the MS Server product, and this is also my first subject for the MCSA, I maybe should have started with 70-270.

The Sybex was a pretty good starting book as well.

Overall Exam Cram is my favorite. You can read the whole book in a couple days, and it seems to be good at going back and hitting all the highs.

The CBT stuff seems to be a favorite buts its pricey.
  • Options
    babyxxxbabyxxx Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    [

Thanks for the Info. and Good luck to Grigsby. let us know how ur exam goes tomorrow
  • Options
    VantageUKVantageUK Member Posts: 111
    I'd recommend Sybex to ease you into it and then MS Press from there on in.
  • Options
    GrigsbyGrigsby Member Posts: 69 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Well I guess it worked because I passed. icon_cool.gif