Options

Cisco ASE programme

SpurSpur Member Posts: 95 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi all!

I have been through to the second stage of the application for the Cisco ASE programme. Anybody who has experience with this programme/interview process and would like to share some thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    I have been invited to the final Assessment Centre in Amsterdam next week!! :D

Anyone who has attended this or know something about it?

If I land this job it will be a dream come true...! icon_king.gif
  • Options
    KaminskyKaminsky Member Posts: 1,235
    Spur wrote:

Gulp! bowing.gif

Good Luck buddie! Oh and when your in Amsterdamn, stay out of the cafe's icon_wink.gif
    Kam.
  • Options
    Kaminsky wrote:
    Spur wrote:

Gulp! bowing.gif

Good Luck buddie! Oh and when your in Amsterdamn, stay out of the cafe's icon_wink.gif

Thanks mate! :) And I will stay far away from the coffee shops :P
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Good Luck! icon_cool.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,034 Admin
    Spur wrote:
    Thanks mate! :) And I will stay far away from the coffee shops :P
    And don't wave to any strange women lying about in windows. I've heard that strange, uh, "things" happen when you do. icon_eek.gif
  • Options
    Thanks Mike!
    JDMurray wrote:
    And don't wave to any strange women lying about in windows. I've heard that strange, uh, "things" happen when you do. icon_eek.gif

*LOL* icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    I got selected!!!!!!!!! :D

Moving to Amsterdam in July!!

This is INCREDIBLE!!! Working at Cisco.. OMG! icon_cheers.gif
  • Options
    seraphusseraphus Member Posts: 307
    Spur wrote:

Congrats! icon_cheers.gif
    Lab first, ask questions later
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations! drink.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    eltoroeltoro Member Posts: 168
    Good job!
    Masters in Computer Science / Software Engineering (Dec. 2010)
    Illinois Institute of Technology
  • Options
    marlon23marlon23 Member Posts: 164 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I think we will meet there ;)
    LAB: 7609-S, 7606-S, 10008, 2x 7301, 7204, 7201 + bunch of ISRs & CAT switches
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    You got the job? Well, damn, time to celebrate with some of those strange women in the windows. . .

And big congrats.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    marlon23 wrote:
    I think we will meet there ;)

Awesome!! I'm really looking forward to the program! :)
  • Options
    remerolleremerolle Member Posts: 72 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats! That is huge. When Cisco came to my college they really tried to promote their main European site in Amsterdam. For anyone looking to join Cisco, you would definitely have a better shot at a higher salary due to the immense need in that market. A friend of mine says he loved the Raleigh program. Once he passed through it all and was placed in an area/market in the US he had all his medium to large corporations asking him to leave Cisco for big money.
  • Options
    StoticStotic Member Posts: 248
    I had someone come to my school to promote the Raleigh program. He said that they assume no networking experience or knowledge at all prior to joining the program and said that the interview process was more of about the individual. This confuses me. How hard is it to get into the program and how would I distinguish myself from other candidates besides doing good in college?
  • Options
    Stotic wrote:
    I had someone come to my school to promote the Raleigh program. He said that they assume no networking experience or knowledge at all prior to joining the program and said that the interview process was more of about the individual. This confuses me. How hard is it to get into the program and how would I distinguish myself from other candidates besides doing good in college?

As you were told, my impression is that they focus on the person you are and your desire to work for Cisco. Of course it would be good for you to know much about the company/equipment/technology, but this is not a requirement. I can't tell you their selection process in detail, but just be yourself to the best and they will see if you are Cisco material for the future. Good luck if you decide to apply!
  • Options
    Paul BozPaul Boz Member Posts: 2,620 ■■■■■■■■□□
    So what exactly are you going to be doing?
    CCNP | CCIP | CCDP | CCNA, CCDA
    CCNA Security | GSEC |GCFW | GCIH | GCIA
    pbosworth@gmail.com
    http://twitter.com/paul_bosworth
    Blog: http://www.infosiege.net/
  • Options
    During the program in Amsterdam I will begin training in the Sales Associates Program for 12 months. Since I already got CCNP by then I will be going for a CCIE track along with "personal skills" training (sales, presentations and so on).

My tasks will be related to;

- Support Sales Representatives with client meetings and presentations
    - Consult with customers to identify solutions that are technically achievable and technically viable for Sales proposals
    -Set up and prepare equipment for customer demonstrations and evaluations

Among others..
  • Options
    charlottebanditocharlottebandito Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats Spur! I also got hired by Cisco through the ASE program and will start in Raleigh, NC in Aug.1/07. Oh how I wished they could let me go to Amsterdam instead!!! In fact, that's my goal, to work overseas. Since I live in North Carolina anyway, it's only a 3-hour drive for me.

As for the ASE positions, we'll be working along with the Sales guys in the Sales Support capacity to answer technical questions. They'll put you through to the CCNP/CCDP level & will assign you a specialty (voice, security, wireless, storage...etc) to follow. All classes are provided along with books, tests, and 24/7 racktime access (CCIE-level) to practice configs/labs.

On the interviews, they look for outgoing & driven people who could quickly establish relationships with customers. If you've ever worked sales before, you know how to charm customers- LOL. After your second year, sky's the limit! The ASE program is NOT for coders who thrive living in a glass jar- lol. I "pray" that I'm selected to follow the Security track since my major was in Network Security, and I concentrated in Pen-testing and Computer Forensics.

Aiming for my CCIE Security eventually (4-5 years).
    Working on CCNA & going for CCSP/CCNP
  • Options
    charlottebanditocharlottebandito Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Anyone else starting on 8/07 for the Cisco ASE Program in Raleigh, NC?

Shameless bump.
    Working on CCNA & going for CCSP/CCNP
  • Options
    MitchzMitchz Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Spur wrote:
    During the program in Amsterdam I will begin training in the Sales Associates Program for 12 months. Since I already got CCNP by then I will be going for a CCIE track along with "personal skills" training (sales, presentations and so on).

My tasks will be related to;

- Support Sales Representatives with client meetings and presentations
    - Consult with customers to identify solutions that are technically achievable and technically viable for Sales proposals
    -Set up and prepare equipment for customer demonstrations and evaluations

Among others..

Hi spur and to all =D...

i´m going to be interviewed by phone tomorrow for the 2008 ASE program, i´m a little nervous , could u or someone plz give me some advices...maybe u can help me telling me what kinds of questions the interviewer do?

thx 2 much
    if i could, i would =D
  • Options
    mcardosomcardoso Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi All,
    in 2 weeks i"ll take part of an AC (ASE)!! I'm not little, but very nervous... icon_eek.gif
    Mitchz, are u going to AC too? (where?) Or have u already done?
    Could someone PLEASE give me some advices?! icon_idea.gificon_idea.gif
    Thanks!
    Mary
  • Options
    educhoeducho Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi guys.
    I was also invited to Brazil this 11th March for the AC. I'm so excited like you, does anybody has suggests for us???
    Educho, going to Brazil for AC this 11th March
  • Options
    tamiattamiat Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    educho wrote:
    Hi guys.
    I was also invited to Brazil this 11th March for the AC. I'm so excited like you, does anybody has suggests for us???

Hello I´m going to the AC too!!! i have a question... the registration form says that i need to prepare a presentation and I will require to present to at least two Cisco assessors.

Even in the registration form you register the assessors... but i dont understand ... where do i get them?

Im going to the AC in Mexico!!
  • Options
    tamiattamiat Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    educho wrote:
    Hi guys.

Hello I´m going to the AC too!!! i have a question... the registration form says that i need to prepare a presentation and I will require to present to at least two Cisco assessors.

Even in the registration form you register the assessors... but i dont understand ... where do i get them?

Im going to the AC in Mexico!!
  • Options
    I think it just means that at least 2 cisco guys will be there in your presentation....

Good luck in Mexico! icon_wink.gif
  • Options
    educhoeducho Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hola a todos.
    Sobre a presentaci[on yo creo que en el link del registro nos da la opcion de descargar un white paper para en funcion de eso hacer la presentacion.
    Segun las indicaciones (que se descargan en el mismo sitio del registro) se deber'a enfocar el producto del white paper en un contexto econ'omico, social, tecnol[ogico y econ'omico para el pa[is el cual se ha aplicado.
    En mi caso el white paper es de TELEPRESENCE.

chau
    Educho, going to Brazil for AC this 11th March
  • Options
    I´m not sure, but i guess presentation and white paper are not "connected"...

(sorry, pero mi espanol es una m... icon_lol.gif )
    []'s
  • Options
    MitchzMitchz Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    congrats to you

uhmmm... i guess i´m not selected....=( ´cause i didn´t received any invitations like yours...

so...i expect this week for that =P...

FELICIDADES A LOS QUE FUERON SELECCIONADOS =D...ME CUENTAN LUEGO...EDUCHO T VOY A AGREGO A MI MSN
    if i could, i would =D
  • Options
    kekakekekake Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Spur wrote:

Hey!

I´m thinking in following the course in Amsterdam for CISCO. By the way, how was your your experience in Amsterdam at Cisco? It is worth? You get paid while the course in Amsterdam or just when you return to your origin country to really work?

I have so many questions...Need some advice please!!

Cheers ;)