Options

What have you created in I.T Networking or computers.

kenny504kenny504 Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 237 ■■□□□□□□□□
Thought this would be an interesting thread. What's the nicest thing that anyone have created working with computers, Operating Systems, Networking, Scripting, Anything..

Whether it was playing around or improvising.....what's the coolest thing you guy's have done?

I remember one time ago,Me and my friend built a pc out of a kellogs box and mounted a flat screen vga monitor on the side.- low profile huh??..lol
There is no better than adversity, every defeat, every loss, every heartbreak contains its seed. Its own lesson on how to improve on your performance the next time.

Comments

• Options
    Darthn3ssDarthn3ss Member Posts: 1,096
    i wrapped a plastic bowl in tin foil, wrapped my cellphone in cat-5e that was plugged into my computer, and got awesome internet speeds!
    Fantastic. The project manager is inspired.

In Progress: 70-640, 70-685
  • Options
    royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Darthn3ss wrote:
    i wrapped a plastic bowl in tin foil, wrapped my cellphone in cat-5e that was plugged into my computer, and got awesome internet speeds!

Hehe, I remember reading about this and was shot down by a bunch of engineers who explained why this wouldn't work.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • Options
    mgeorgemgeorge Member Posts: 774 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Yeah I think I've done the same, but I didnt use a cerial box, I left mine hanging from a coat hanger strung to the celing... It was pretty radical icon_lol.gif
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1
  • Options
    garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
    I was kidnapped and tied up in a burning building in Detroit; left to die. Luckily I had some Big Red gum, shoe string, dental floss and toilet bowl cleaner in my back pocket. Created an explosion and slid out the window onto a cable using my left sock. BAM! Beat that!

MacGyver_intro.jpg
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,031 Admin
    garv221 wrote:
    BAM! Beat that!
    How about bringing down an F-16 with a gum wrapper, three feet of dental floss, and a tic-tac?

Not that I've ever done that, mind you...
  • Options
    garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
    jdmurray wrote:
    garv221 wrote:
    BAM! Beat that!
    How about bringing down an F-16 with a gum wrapper, three feet of dental floss, and a tic-tac?

LOL icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    KaminskyKaminsky Member Posts: 1,235
    jdmurray wrote:
    garv221 wrote:
    BAM! Beat that!

Not that your admitting to it online you mean.... we know it was you!
    Kam.
  • Options
    wmackeywmackey Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Rebuilt the control rod system for a nuclear reactor using a swiss army knife.

So there
  • Options
    markzabmarkzab Member Posts: 619
    Hacked into Starbucks mainframe and single handedly lowered their coffee prices by 75% for a week...

People were only paying $6/cup for a limited time thanks to me. icon_cool.gif
    "You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!" - Rocky
  • Options
    spike_tomahawkspike_tomahawk Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
    thats MacGyver not MacGarver !!!!!
  • Options
    mgeorgemgeorge Member Posts: 774 ■■■□□□□□□□
    jdmurray wrote:

I'm curious of how bringing down a F-16 with gum wrapper, 3 feet of dental floss and a tic-tac relates to IT topics or networking...

Last I checked, you cannot plug dental floss into your NIC, lol... I also checked on Ebay for Floss5e UTP lol... Didn't find nothing there either >.< could you better explain this relation to me lol?
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1
  • Options
    TechJunkyTechJunky Member Posts: 881
    Created a projection screen with an old lcd and a mirror.

BAM! Talk about a cheap 60" screen.
  • Options
    sexion8sexion8 Member Posts: 242
    Created a SIP Fuzzying tool... Then modeled an Asterisk VoIP IDS based on it. The fuzzier is public, its called Asteroid www.infiltrated.net/asteroid/ ... Coolest thing this year... I've done a few kooky things
    "Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius
  • Options
    Darthn3ssDarthn3ss Member Posts: 1,096
    a rather large hole in my bank account icon_sad.gif
    Fantastic. The project manager is inspired.

In Progress: 70-640, 70-685
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    markzab wrote:
    Hacked into Starbucks mainframe and single handedly lowered their coffee prices by 75% for a week...

People were only paying $6/cup for a limited time thanks to me. icon_cool.gif

Only $6 per cup? I'm surprised they didn't put out a hit on you. That's almost the discount you get for being a CCIE.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.