Help with public folders

MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
I need to give someone at the helpdesk basically full permissions to be able to edit and create public folders under the public folder tree.

I have gone into ADSI edit and gave the view only group the few public folder permissions that it allows in there. This is under the CN=company object. I gave that group…

Create public folder

Create top level public folder

Modify public folder admin ACL

Modify public folder replica list

I tried to have him edit permissions of public folders after this change and it couldn’t happen. After a little more research I went to the public folder object in exchange manager. I edited the ACL under Folders/Public Folders. I then gave the exchange view only group these extra permissions.

Modify public folder ACL

Modify public folder deleted item retention

Modify public folder expiry

Modify public folder quotas

Still didn’t get anywhere. The only thing I see different is that the view only exchange admin group does not have administer information store permissions checked under Folders/Public Folders. Other than that, I can’t figure the problem out.
My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!

Comments

• royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Launch your Outlook profile as a Full Administrator and go into the public Folder Hierarchy and assign full permissions there.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    icroyal wrote:
    Launch your Outlook profile as a Full Administrator and go into the public Folder Hierarchy and assign full permissions there.

Does it have to be done this way? I know that I can just assign him permissions to every public folder but that would require either touching every folder (150 of them or so) or using pfdavadmin but this just seems like work that doesn't need to happen.
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!
  • royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Hey Mishra, have you figured this out? I haven't had access to an Exchange 2003 lab but I will be able to get my Exchange 2003 virtual lab up and running tomorrow. I'll check this out if you haven't figured it out yet. Let me know as I am curious as well.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks