Cant believe I passed today!

frankgrimesfrankgrimes Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
826 :D

Just wanted to say thanks, this website helped me out bigtime in preparing. All the advice on here is great!

Also used TestOut and Train Signal. Now onto Myrtle Beach to rest up before the next one!
- Frank
Think twice, press once.

Comments

• mastercormmastercorm Member Posts: 64 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'm studying to take it now. What parts did you find difficult, and what did most of the questions focus on?
    Working towards MCSE w/Security, then CCNA, then CCSP, and, eventually CISSP
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Good job, and congratulations.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • frankgrimesfrankgrimes Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    thanks guys! 70-290 bound now he he icon_wink.gif

mastercorm wrote:
    I'm studying to take it now. What parts did you find difficult, and what did most of the questions focus on?

mastercorm,
    I had the most difficulty on security questions. Ones that dealt with security templates, VPN security etc. There were alot of permissions questions, effective permissions when a user is in more than one group, RIS procedures and troubleshooting, a handful of pushing down software to users or computers through group policy. I would highly suggest TestOut, I used it for most of the studying and it was dead-on with the subject matter.

-Frank
    Think twice, press once.
  • rhelt100rhelt100 Member Posts: 46 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • doom969doom969 Member Posts: 304
    congrats !! :D
    Doom969
    MCITP (EST - EA ) - MCT
    A+ - IBM - SBSS2K3 - CISCO_SMB
    CompTIA : A+
  • deneb829deneb829 Member Posts: 292
    Terrific! How did you find the testout materials as study guides and accuracy?
    There are only 10 types of people in this world - People who understand binary and people who do not.
  • mastercormmastercorm Member Posts: 64 ■■□□□□□□□□
    thanks for the info. i figured there'd be a ton of permissions questions and sharing over the network type of questions. been studying those a lot.
    Working towards MCSE w/Security, then CCNA, then CCSP, and, eventually CISSP
  • NetworkGodNetworkGod Member Posts: 236 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations, i'll be taking mine sometime next month :)
    What one man can do another can do.

(\__/)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
    (='.'=)your signature to help him gain world
    (")_(")domination.

- CCNA - CCDA - BCMSN - BSCI -
    - 70-270 -
    deneb829 wrote:
    Terrific! How did you find the testout materials as study guides and accuracy?

I thought TestOut was great. Maybe it was just me, but I thought their exam sims were harder than the actual test - which is a great prep for it. Train Signal wasnt bad either, but it didnt feel like it was tailored toward the test. For 70-290 I will just use TestOut.
    Think twice, press once.
  • coldbugcoldbug Member Posts: 189
    Gratz dude!!
    what are you going for next? i mean after a big break.
    "If you want to kick the tiger in his ass, you'd better have a plan for dealing with his teeth."
    coldbug wrote:
    Gratz dude!!
    what are you going for next? i mean after a big break.

thanks! :D

My next goal is 70-290. Im lucky to have alot of resources at work so i can get a server 2003 network going and play around with it at my desk when its quiet. If only people could remember their new "complex" passwords...maybe my phone would stop ringing lol icon_lol.gif
    Think twice, press once.
  • coldbugcoldbug Member Posts: 189
    looks like you are going for MCSA/MCSE
    for 70-290 <my aim after 70-270>, dont they have virtual lab somewhere on CBT Nuggets?
    well, you are lucky to be close to the real server.
    you said, there were lots of questions on permissions?
    ahhh..i hate NTFS Permissions. kind of hard for me to understand the policies..i need to read those again.

good luck on 70-290!
    i just saw a used Sybex book on amazon.com for $19.99 <CD, like new, no markings> took a chance, and ordered it. They have 1 for $22.99 under used <unused, sealed CD> left, if you wanna get it.
    I am not gonna study it yet. It's kind of like a motivation for me having it ready, while i am goin for MCP...hehe
    "If you want to kick the tiger in his ass, you'd better have a plan for dealing with his teeth."