Options

CCDA passed

bmaurobmauro Member Posts: 307
Well I have to say - this was a "different" test...... 975/1000

It's weird how different the style of questions are from this and the CCNA. I have to say though, if you are preparing for this exam and you haven't picked up:

CCDA Self-Study: Designing for Cisco Internetwork Solutions by Teare

THEN pick it up - such a great read. I know I'll be going back to that in the future for reference.

I really enjoyed the Voice section of the test and the book. I have next to no POTS experience and Teare really gave a nice intro into the subject, which is good since I am planning on starting my CCVP studies right after I finish 70-291.

So for those who have taken both CCDA and CCDP - which did you enjoy more?

I forgot to add, I picked the book up in mid-February and read every day. Some chapters I found to be very easy (Subnetting, Routing protocols - basically the subjects that where beaten to death during the CCNA)

But other chapters I found myself reading and re-reading over and over. So I guess it took me about a month and a half @ 10-15 hours a week.

Comments

• Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations! icon_thumright.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    markzabmarkzab Member Posts: 619
    Congrats. Great score!

Do you think you'll go for the CCDP?
    "You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!" - Rocky
  • Options
    seraphusseraphus Member Posts: 307
    Congrats! icon_cheers.gif
    Lab first, ask questions later
  • Options
    100% sure.

The only question is what order I want to tackle them.

I know CCVP is first - since I work with CallManager everyday and working with CallManager Express a lot more now.

After that I think I'll head down the CCSP road since my group will start handling security soon and I have next to 0 security experience.

Next on my list is CCNP or CCDP - and they're third on my list since most of the advanced topics covered in the CCNP I wouldn't be using them at my current employer, and I really don't see the CCDP being needed as much as the first two.

Who knows?? All I know is that theres sooooo much Cisco to do, and so little time!
  • Options
    markzabmarkzab Member Posts: 619
    bmauro wrote:
    100% sure.

The only question is what order I want to tackle them.

I know CCVP is first - since I work with CallManager everyday and working with CallManager Express a lot more now.

After that I think I'll head down the CCSP road since my group will start handling security soon and I have next to 0 security experience.

Next on my list is CCNP or CCDP - and they're third on my list since most of the advanced topics covered in the CCNP I wouldn't be using them at my current employer, and I really don't see the CCDP being needed as much as the first two.

Who knows?? All I know is that theres sooooo much Cisco to do, and so little time!

Interesting. I had thought that to go for the VP SP or other certs you had to first complete the 4 CCNP tests and then take the specific field tests on top of them. (ie. 4 ccnp tests and lets say 2 secuirty for the CCSP)

Didn't know they were seperate from eachother.
    "You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!" - Rocky
  • Options
    There are some tests that overlap the different tracks - but the only pre-req is that you have a valid CCNA.

http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/le3/le2/le37/learning_certification_level_home.html
  • Options
    NetworkGodNetworkGod Member Posts: 236 ■■■□□□□□□□
    CCDP looks extremely delicious, i'm going for it this year! no question about it :)
    What one man can do another can do.

(\__/)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
    (='.'=)your signature to help him gain world
    (")_(")domination.

- CCNA - CCDA - BCMSN - BSCI -
    - 70-270 -
  • Options
    mobri09mobri09 Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 723
    Congrats man! That's ashame you didn't get a perfect score like your CCNA exam. :D jk
    291 here we come
  • Options
    outstreamoutstream Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congradulations mate...good work :D
  • Options
    romainromain Member Posts: 222
    Congratulations ! icon_wink.gif
    CCIE R&S Candidate

Dynamips Labs