Options

Re: A+ 2006 exam

hi my friends:
my company considers paying me for the A+ exam fee. hey, i dont mind getting it cert because it is free. I heard that after june 2007, we all need to take the new A+ 2006 exam. Is it true?

I have great hands-on experience on the PC hardware. Is there any exam cram book recommended? If the old A+ exam is still available, I wanna try to get it done within 2 weeks at all.

any recommendation?

thanks
mean people SUCK !!! BACK OFF !!!
The Next Stop is, MCSE 2003 and CCNA.
Bachelors of Technology in 1 More Year.

-Working on CCENT. Thank you my love <3

Comments

• Options
    borumasborumas Member Posts: 244 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I hope they are not going to say you have to retake it, they said once you pass it you are always A+ when I took the exam in 2000, so they are messing with people if they do that (and I sure as heck will not ever bother taking that test again). When I studied I used an A+ For Dummies book and some practice test I got from a friend, after getting 95+ on every practice exam I took both test and passed. Good luck to you, the A+ can open some doors for entry level work, so it's worth having on the old resume.
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,030 Admin
    borumas wrote:
    I hope they are not going to say you have to retake it, they said once you pass it you are always A+ when I took the exam in 2000
    And that is still the case. No one who is already A+ certified will be asked to renew or upgrade their current A+ certification. However, you might want to update your A+ certification voluntarily if the new specializations apply to your job or interests: http://certification.comptia.org/a/