Options

Purchasing additional cert kits

bmaurobmauro Member Posts: 307
Has anyone purchased an additional "Welcome kit" from Cisco?

I purchased an electronic copy of my CCNA and CCDA, and was just wondering how long it ususally takes for that to be sent?

Snail mail took way to long last time for the CCNA :P

Comments

• Options
    tech-airmantech-airman Member Posts: 953
    bmauro wrote:
    Has anyone purchased an additional "Welcome kit" from Cisco?

I purchased an electronic copy of my CCNA and CCDA, and was just wondering how long it ususally takes for that to be sent?

Snail mail took way to long last time for the CCNA :P

bmauro,

According to the "Certification Tracking System",
    Certification Fulfillment Tracking and Reporting

Electronic Certification Kits (contains soft copy of certificate.) Email notification sent in 3-5 days when Electronic Certification Kit is ready for access in the Tracking System.

Source:
    1. Certification Tracking System - https://www.certmanager.net/cisco/login.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2fCisco%2fDefault.aspx
  • Options
    I guess I should have worded my question better:

For those who have purchased electronic copies of their certs from Cisco, how long did it take till they were ready for download? I understand that Cisco says 3-5 days, but I was just wondering if that is an accurate time frame.
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    They have been getting faster for the electronic copies -- I think the last exam I took was on Tuesday, it showed up on Wednesday in the Tracking System and I ordered an extra Electronic copy (since I don't like waiting the for the paper copy which the mail person may mangle stuffing into my mail box) and I had access to the PDF on Thursday or Friday. Before that one they were taking about 3 days (longer for a Friday exam).
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
  • Options
    markzabmarkzab Member Posts: 619
    You can order a mail-away and electronic version, right? It doesn't have to be either or does it?
    "You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!" - Rocky
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    You get your first one for free -- paper or electronic. With the electronic version you don't get the "congratulations letter."

Paper is the default (and you can "upgrade" to DHL shipping to get it faster). Same with the "extra paper copies" -- you can order an extra paper copy and also get the DHL shipping option for additional $.

I always get the free paper copy -- but I've wondered if the free electronic versions are processed as fast as the ordered "extra copy" electronic versions. I always imagine when I pay for the extra electronic version that my order jumps to the top (but under other paid copy orders) and pushes all the free versions down in the queue.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    mike - got another question for ya. When you electronic version is ready, did you get an email letting you know?

I've been impatiently watching my inbox, but haven't seen anything yet. So I logged into the Certification Tracking System at https://www.certmanager.net/Cisco and for the heck of it clicked on "Test History" and then on "Check Fulfillment Status"

This page showed the two certs I ordered (CCNA and CCDA) in PDF format and wallet size.

I just want to make sure that what I eventually get in the mail (snail mail) is a duplicate of what I'm seeing now in PDF format. The only reason I'm having doubts is I ordered a CCNA copy too, which I received last winter, and what I got months back looks nothing like what I'm looking at now.

Yea, it has my name and CCNA and all that, but it looks a lot "cheaper" if you ask me. I know - I need to find something else to worry about :P

And if anyone else could verify what Cisco certs look like now....

My original CCNA had a little diploma in the top left, and the new one looks like it has the "Fisher Price" logo in the top left.

Thanks for the help guys.
  • Options
    optimusoptimus Member Posts: 183
    My original cert was lost in the mail.

They never sent me an email either, although they say they will.

I went for the electronic copy. Yes, that is the same thing that I got for my CCNA. The .pdf file.