Options

send on behalf problem in exchange 2003

nel636nel636 Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
we've just upgraded from exchange 2k to 2003.
We have alot of generic mailboxes which multiple users access but since the upgrade alot of people get the error message "you do no have the appropriate permissions to send on behalf of the user".

this occurs only when a user who does not have a mailbox tries to reply etc to emails. if a one is created it is ok. Because of this i tried creating an email address for the user account who has no mailbox and it now allows AD to recognise her name in the list of users when trying to add her name to the list in send on behalf. at the min this has not solved it but i know it takes upto 2 hours sometimes for changes to occur.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/895949 - ive found this relating to the problem.

Does anyone have a fix for this?

Comments

• Options
    garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
    When someone does not have a mailbox, they can only send on the behalf of someone else when mail box permissions allow it. - Change permissions to send on their behalf, it is not default.
  • Options
    nel636nel636 Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    i know you are not added to send on behalf by default. you cannot be added to this unless you have an email address attribute on the user object anyway.
    ive managed to sort it out now.
    If you go into your AD user and comp snap in, make sure you choose advanced features from the view menu.go into the properties of the account.locate the security tab and add the user/group to the permissions list and grant the "send as" permission. it took a while to make the changes approx 1 hr or so. and thats it!