Options

Anyone know how i can turn on autorun??

taterhawk2380taterhawk2380 Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
i have no idea how it got turned off in the first place...but it did. Anyways, i looked on microsoft.com and found what i thought to the answer- it was a key in the registry but when i got there i didnt know what number to enter...i'm stuck...while its not the biggest deal in the world i'd like to know how to turn it back on. if anyone could help that'd be great. thank you.

stephen icon_confused.gif

Comments

• Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Have you tried choosing a different setting on the AutoPlay tab of the CD-rom's Properties?
  • Options
    taterhawk2380taterhawk2380 Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    yeah i tried that but there isnt anywhere in the settings to change it.
  • Options
    timharpurtimharpur Inactive Imported Users Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
    First look in the device manager - select the CD and bring up its properties page. Under the settings tab make sure that Auto insert notification is turned on. Depending on the operation system and drivers used this may not be available.

If that doesn't work or you can't find the setting check to see if you are running a program such as Creative's Disc Detector - if you are it can override system settings on autorun so double check the settings for this. (It can be found in control panel if it is installed).

If this still doesn't solve the problem then check for a Tweak for your operating system as these usually have the ability to change the autorun settings.

The final step if you still can't get it working is to check on the internet for 'Windows autorun settings' or some such thing.... you should get your answer.