Options

Trying to remember a progam name

royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
There's a program where you can enter in information about a user, and it'll spit back all attributes attached to that username. For example, if that user is mailbox-enabled, it'll spit back they have the mailboxname attribute attached. Also, it works so if I list an attribute, it'll tell me all objects that have that attribute associated with it. Anyone know the name of this program? Thanks!
“For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks

Comments

• Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Third party or built-in?
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    Third party
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Only well-known tool I can think of is Hyena.
  • Options
    RTmarcRTmarc Member Posts: 1,082 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    Thanks Johan, it looks like it takes care of me viewing a user and viewing its attributes. I just wonder if you can search for an attribute and have it display all users who have it enabled. For example, I'm trying to build a list of all users who have exchange attributes added to users and then have all those users dumped to a file.
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    icroyal wrote:
    I just wonder if you can search for an attribute and have it display all users who have it enabled. For example, I'm trying to build a list of all users who have exchange attributes added to users and then have all those users dumped to a file.
    Honestly I haven't used it since Windows NT4 was the current version, it used to be really popular before ADS and MMC. But a quick read over the features makes me believe it does everything you need. Two in particular:
    Extensive Active Directory (AD) user attribute support, including user photo capability, Exchange 5.5/200x integration, customizable AD queries, and much more.
    As always, Hyena's output window, including any Active Directory displays, can be easily exported or integrated into Hyena's built-in Microsoft Access database.
    www.systemtools.com/hyena/user.htm
  • Options
    Cool, I haven't looked over it much yet, otherwise I would've spent more time looking at it myself instead of asking if it has the functionality. I'll play around with it more this weekend to see its' full functionality. Thanks again.
  • Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    You can use AD for a lot of queries. At the top of ADUC, above the root domain, use the Saved Queries folder to creat and save these queries. Right click for a new query, click on Define Query, under Find, change it from Common Queries to Users, Contacts, and Groups, then go to Advanced, and then select the field you want. We aren't on Exchange 2K/2K3 just yet (in a couple of months though) so I can't see if the Exchange attribute is one you can search for by default.

If the defaults don't do what you want you can define your own queries selecting Custom Search in the Find box, then Advanced, then enter your own custom LDAP query.

This query is dynamic so once you create it, it will display all the objects matching the query on the right pane. If you want to check it again later it will be updated automatically (or by hitting "refresh" if you want to see any changes immediately). From here it is easy to export to a text file or csv.
    All things are possible, only believe.