Options

Study Material for CompTIA Security+

sabupeterssabupeters Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello all

This is my first posting.
I would like to know what is the best study material for Comptia Security+ certification.

Thanks

Peters A P
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Right-handed people live, on average, nine years longer than left-handed people.
(If you're ambidextrous, do you split the difference?)

Comments

• Options
    Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
    This site is a good start :)

Anyway, for books, I used Syngress, Sybex and Passport. Here is my take on what each one of those books.

The passport - Very easy to read, more of a summarized version of the objectives. The best part about this book (compared to the other 2) is that the practice test on the CD is a much better portrayal of the type of questions you will see on the real exam.

Sybex - Easy to read, loaded with a lot of practice questions in the book and on the CD. I actually liked this one the best for reading.

Syngress - More difficult to read, this book goes beyond the objectives of the real exam. This is not a bad thing, this means they want you to learn Security as a whole instead of just what you will need for the exam. The only problem I had with this book is that the Practice tests in the book are the farthest away from the CompTIA testing format.

Practice tests I used for this exam were from the books and from Techexams.net and MCMCSE.com

I hope this is of some value to you. Good Luck!
  • Options
    -EOS--EOS- Member Posts: 31 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I second the Sybex book.
  • Options
    Vogon PoetVogon Poet Member Posts: 291
    I used the same books as Megadeth, and share his assessment.
    For practice tests, I used MeasureUp and ExamCram 2 practice questions.
    MeasureUp is OK. ExamCram has more to test yourself with (over 700 questions).
    I wouldn't recommend these until you feel confident with the material.
    Technotes on this site are very good.
    Good luck.
    No matter how paranoid you are, you're not paranoid enough.
  • Options
    tonydotigrtonydotigr Member Posts: 129
    I third the Sybex book then Syngress. Don't overlook this website, has some great info.