Options

I would like some honest feedback.

wowitfothwowitfoth Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
I made my life and would not change a thing! But it is time for a change. I am 38 and did not graduate H.S., I am getting my GED and will have my A+ by 2005. Computers have finally made education fun. I have an education that is not taught in school!(Hard Knocks! LOL!) I am tired and have talents that I cannot explain from where they came. As we all do! It is time to step up! I am very mechanically inclined. 1999 a friend showed me the WWW. and I was flooded with ideas and for the first time in my life a goal that I had to accomplish! Three months later I had a Sony Vaio and I was Online! I did nothing with that, but get a crash course on Microsoft! (WIN98SE)I never even used a mouse prior to that! I sold a year later due to hard times and bought a $5.00 garage sale pc two years later.( I read PCWorld every month and My Sister bought a Dell and I took her old one to pass the time, WIN3.1! Nuff said!) So here I am still hooked and I now use a pc that I built! AthlonXp1800+! I spent $2000 on the Sony and did not have a printer!(I kept journals and I am on my third! ) I have less than $400 in this and to much to list! I knew not where this would lead when I started, but I knew it would be good! I expect to start with repairs in a store. What Direction do you suggest from there? I bought Scott Muellers "Upgrading and Repairing computers" book. If you asked about computer's ten years ago, I would have laughed! Pass that joint and give me a beer! Young and Dumb! I make $7.75 an hour right now building tile saws! I have worked in the metal industy for 10 years and my previous job I intended to be my last, but laid off! Aerospace Industry sucks! Tell me what you think and I would like to thank you for letting me bend your ear.
spysig.php?lang=en&char=ironman

Comments

• Options
    LexxdymondzLexxdymondz Member Posts: 356
    Welcome to the board. This site is a great place to learn, exchange info, and just meet other people that are interested in the same things.
    I cannot change the world, but changing my own makes the world a better place!

I wish more people thought like that. :D:D

Good luck on your certs, and if you really enjoy what your than they should come pretty easily.

If you have any questions or comments or anything at all thats what where all here for, to help each other out.
  • Options
    ChadaeChadae Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
    wowitfoth: good 4 you :P . Have you thought out any vocational classes? They're real good especially if you are more hands on.

But you are definitely on the right track with your certification in A+ and taking your GED!!! After your A+ you can continue on for more certifications perhaps the mcse? Good Luck, youre well on your way.
  • Options
    hoop__it__uphoop__it__up Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    You can still make changes in ur profession without a doubt but i am not sure IT is the right thing to do, i mean i like IT but I think of giving it up since there are no jobs up there for beginners period. I have like 8 months experience and i can't get a job so what i did I put down that I have 3.5 years experience since I can do the work and I still can't get a job, I've been searching right after i got my B.A. in Computer Science last may s0 now i think about nuclear medicine or anythin else , maybe even come back to studying IT later on cuz its aight