Options

BOOT PROCESS

terminalterminal Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi Techs,

I've been studying studying the OS part for the A+. For some reason i'm just unable to understand the boot process, 9x, NT, files etc. I tried reading the book but don't manage to retain the concepts and neither does it make sense. Any suggestions on how i can understand this process considering that I do have the exam next Friday? Thanks in advance.
BE WISE,

Comments

• Options
    mrhaun03mrhaun03 Member Posts: 359
    First, are you using multiple sources? If not, you should be. Another book might lay it out the way you can understand. I can only suggest multiple sources...that's your best bet.
    Working on Linux+
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    terminal wrote:
    Hi Techs,

I've been studying studying the OS part for the A+. For some reason i'm just unable to understand the boot process, 9x, NT, files etc. I tried reading the book but don't manage to retain the concepts and neither does it make sense. Any suggestions on how i can understand this process considering that I do have the exam next Friday? Thanks in advance.

Well, you've already scheduled your exam, but it is a shame you don't understand a topic and are now days before the exam worried about why a key area doesn't make sense.

What DO you understand about the process at this point?
    What resources have you been using to prepare for the exam?
    How much time have you invested in preparing with each of the OS's to better understand them?
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    terminalterminal Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I know it's not very clever me. Anywayz, i've been using the Testout software which helped me get through Network+ and A+ hardware. I just assumed it would be enough for the OS. Time is not on my side and I managed to get through the rest of the course hoping that when i got back to the topic i may be able to understand it by the time i sat for the exam. Alas, i.ve not managed to and any help would be highly appreciated.
    Thanks.
    BE WISE,