Options

Scheduled for 70-290

sunny155sunny155 Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello everybody, i am going to Schedule the Exam for Monday.
I have studied Sybex and MS PRess single time. And took some Practice test from the Kit.
I have practiced a bit using Virtual Server 2005 R2 which helped me a lot.

I have heard that this is the toughest exam. I want to know what kind of questions to focus on,

Please advise

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    Vogon PoetVogon Poet Member Posts: 291
    Just know the objectives inside and out.
    Be able to troubleshoot access problems, whether it's a permission conflict on a folder or remote access between locations. ADUC, ADUC, ADUC.
    No matter how paranoid you are, you're not paranoid enough.
  • Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    sunny155 wrote:
    I have heard that this is the toughest exam.

Nope, it's one of the easier ones by general consensus. You might be thinking of 70-291, aka "the beast".

Good luck!
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    plettnerplettner Member Posts: 197
    I passed my 70-290 today.

I got a lot of disaster recoveryquestions - incrmental/daily/normal, etc backup schedules.

Know your RAID and your dymnamic versus basic disk types.

I also got a lot of access to recourse questions including sims. Know how toadd people to groups and know the best way (least administrative effort) to change a lot of accounts at once.

Intersitingly, I got no questions on group scope. I was fearing this the most!

Know IIS.

Know how to troubleshoot login errors.

These are a good group of questions I got.

Good luck for Monday.
  • Options
    sunny155sunny155 Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks everyone. So i have confused 70-290 with 70-291 as the toughest aka "Beast" ha ha ha.
    I am afraid of Groups scopes too. They are hard to remember in Windows 2000 Mixed and in Windows 2000 native or Windows 2003 domain functional levels. I had prepared well for Disaster Recovery questions. I am little confused over termnial Services configuration.

Which order the settings options. RDC client settings are overidden by individual account settings which are again overdidden by rdp-tcp properties and finally everything can be overidden by Group policy. Am i correct?
  • Options
    tibultibul Member Posts: 240
    sunny155 wrote:
    Which order the settings options. RDC client settings are overidden by individual account settings which are again overdidden by rdp-tcp properties and finally everything can be overidden by Group policy. Am i correct?

Yup you are correct.
    Studying 70-292.
    Aiming for MCSA: Security and 2003 upgrade.
  • Options
    royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'd like to add one more thing. When modifying Terminal Services GPO options, there is a special case where the Computer Configuration GPO options will override User GPO options if both are contradicting each other. Usually, in most cases, User GPO options win since it applies last, but not with Terminal Services or Loopback (not sure if there are other cases).
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks