Options

Question ( Little Help )

cliffjagcliffjag Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi everybody,

I have a domain (windows 2003) and a client (windows xp). I have joint the client computer on the domain, and everything works fine. To login at the client computer you need to press crtl+alt+del and then put your username and password. and under password you see where you want to log on ( which domain. ) . Ok i got one domain thus i see one for e.g. "SBS". and there is another one ( THIS Computer ) means you can log on locally on the client computer. How can i remove this that it doesn't show those. I want that only the domain must be visible. I think there is a policy to remove it.

Anybody know it?

Thanx in advance

Sorry for so much writing.
Alway try,never give up to easy.

Ok

Deal ,

Comments

• Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I've never seen such a setting allowing that.
    Maybe someone else has?
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    SieSie Member Posts: 1,195
    Have you looked under:

Open GPEDIT.MSC
    Open Computer Configuration, Windows Settings, Security Settings, Local Policies, User Rights Assignments.

You can restrict local logon from there as far as i remember?
    Foolproof systems don't take into account the ingenuity of fools
  • Options
    macdudemacdude Member Posts: 173
    If you click options it will show you the domain and the local computer. You can select which one you want to log on to. As far as removing it, I am not sure if there is away, I always lock out the admin account on the computer and do not created any local accounts so the end user can't log on to the computer. Maybe someone here will know, I would like to know this as well.
  • Options
    JdotQJdotQ Member Posts: 230
    Sie wrote:
    Have you looked under:

Open GPEDIT.MSC
    Open Computer Configuration, Windows Settings, Security Settings, Local Policies, User Rights Assignments.

You can restrict local logon from there as far as i remember?
    This is correct, the actual policy is called "Deny Log On Locally".

From my experience, this is turned on by default for W2K3 Domain Controllers (within the Default Domain Controllers Policy)?
  • Options
    sthomassthomas Member Posts: 1,240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    cliffjag wrote:
    Ok i got one domain thus i see one for e.g. "SBS". and there is another one ( THIS Computer ) means you can log on locally on the client computer. How can i remove this that it doesn't show those. I want that only the domain must be visible.

In my opinion it is not a good idea to do this (if it can even be done). If you have problems and are unable to login to the domain on a client computer you may have to login with the local administrator account to fix the problem. User's won't be able to login without there domain user account anyway unless they either know the local admin password or you setup a local account for them on the computer.
    Working on: MCSA 2012 R2