Options

Failed 70-299 w/ 578

daveogolfdaveogolf Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
Failed the exam but oddly I don't feel that annoyed by it. I used the Sybex book to study and I would say a good 30% of what was on the test I hadn't seen before.
I'm thinking of either picking up the Microsoft book and studying from that or buying a test.

Any recommendations on how I should proceed?
This is my last exam for my MCSE.

Comments

• Options
    royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    daveogolf wrote:
    or buying a test

Care to elaborate?
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • Options
    icroyal wrote:
    daveogolf wrote:
    or buying a test

Care to elaborate?

One of those online practice exams is what I meant. I don't really know who is puts out good ones. I've always just used a book for studying previously.
  • Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    daveogolf wrote:
    I'm thinking of either picking up the Microsoft book and studying from that or buying a test.
    Usually the MS Press book is a good companion to any other book (Sybex, Exam Cram, etc.). As far as tests, Transcender is the only one that comes to mind, but they are expensive.
    daveogolf wrote:
    Any recommendations on how I should proceed?
    This is my last exam for my MCSE.
    You've passed several exams already, so whatever you are already doing looks effective. This topic might just need a little more study is all. Good luck! icon_cool.gif
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    It was weird failing this exam. I've passed all the others without any problem. Failing the last one before I have my MCSE just feels weird. I ordered the Microsoft book, and I'll see how I feel after going through that book.
    The exam and a few questions about groups and scripts that I had not seen anywhere else. Definetly felt like the Sybex book was missing some info.
  • Options
    royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I used the MSPress exclusively for the 70-299 exam and felt I was very well prepared when I went into the exam. I would pick up a copy and check it out. Just as Mark stated, Transcenders is the only one that comes to mind as well, although it is expensive. I feel that as long as you get the MSPress book, you will conquer the 70-299 on your next and final attempt. Good luck!
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • Options
    famosbrownfamosbrown Member Posts: 637
    I've used Measure Up Practice Exams for all of my exam and I find them really helpful. They offer a lot of different questions with explanations and links to TEchnet for further infomation regarding the subject.
    B.S.B.A. (Management Information Systems)
    M.B.A. (Technology Management)