disconnection from the net work

GUYKGUYKGUYKGUYK Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
hi
i have all this time this message and the net work disconnect again :
Intel(R) 82566DC Gigabit Network Connection :Spanning Tree Protocol has been detected on the device your network connection is attached to.

as you can see my network card i try to find maybe its in the switch ( cisco 3550 ) and i cannt find somthing plase help its happend for severalsevral computer in the same switch after connting the to simple hub its stop
thanks

Comments

• MrfixitRightMrfixitRight Member Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
    GUYKGUYK wrote:
    hi
    i have all this time this message and the net work disconnect again :
    Intel(R) 82566DC Gigabit Network Connection :Spanning Tree Protocol has been detected on the device your network connection is attached to.

as you can see my network card i try to find maybe its in the switch ( cisco 3550 ) and i cannt find somthing plase help its happend for severalsevral computer in the same switch after connting the to simple hub its stop
    thanks

How many host computers? Is there a router involved? You said they stop after connecting to a simple hub, maybe it's the hub? Can you ping outside the switch? (To any outside networks?)
    Keyboard not functioning, Press F1 to continue

Anything that goes up, must come down. Ask any Systems Admin.

dell.jpg
  • GUYKGUYKGUYKGUYK Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    i have 10 computer and they connected to the same switch one of them i connected to hub and the hub to the switch and the error stop and one of them i replace the netword card with 3com and it stop i think it some congiftion of the stp in the switch or some configrtion on the intel network card it giga like i wrote befor
    thanks
  • MrfixitRightMrfixitRight Member Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
    GUYKGUYK wrote:
    i have 10 computer and they connected to the same switch one of them i connected to hub and the hub to the switch and the error stop and one of them i replace the netword card with 3com and it stop i think it some congiftion of the stp in the switch or some configrtion on the intel network card it giga like i wrote befor
    thanks

Sounds like an issue with your NIC. I don't see why the switch would work on other devices and fail on another unless it is on the host side. Have you changed out Cat.5 cables? Sometimes it is the obvious.....

One other thing, can you ping the loopback on the NIC?
    Keyboard not functioning, Press F1 to continue

Anything that goes up, must come down. Ask any Systems Admin.

dell.jpg
  • NetstudentNetstudent Member Posts: 1,693 ■■■□□□□□□□
    MAke sure your NIC is set to Auto-negotiate..Maybe the nic is trying to Transmit at gigabit speeds...Also make sure your duplex setting is correct.
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1 BUT 209.62.5.3 is my 127.0.0.1 away from 127.0.0.1!