Options

Sybex or Cisco Press?

sdeyoungsdeyoung Member Posts: 109 ■■■□□□□□□□
Anyone have any suggestions on which book would be the best for prepairing for the CCNA exam? Currently I have some CBT nuggets and plan on using this site also.. Also, curious if I should take the one exam option or two...

Comments

• Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    There's a book section in the CCNA Forum FAQ

If you have lots of computer and/or networking experience you may be able to get by with the Sybex book -- but it is the best for learning subnetting.

If you don't have lots of computer experience and no networking experience -- then the Cisco Press books cover the topics in depth.

Usually we'll suggest both.... and its always a good idea to use more than just one book for studying for any exam. You could also try checking out the CCNA Exam Blueprint and search the Cisco Docs for a "second opinion" on any topic.

The Network+ does cover a bunch of the INTRO material, so you might be able to skim over that material -- just make sure you figure out which parts are important for the exam.

2 exams costs more money and you have to answer more questions.... but some people think its worth it because they don't have to know as much at one time icon_confused.gif

If you're learning the material to get (and do) a job.... then you should expect to know it all at one time for a job interview -- so I'd vote for the single CCNA exam.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    sdeyoungsdeyoung Member Posts: 109 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Cool, Thanks alot for your input... I think i'll be taking the one exam options.. I'll probably purchase the Cisco press book. I currently have CCNA CBT nuggets and will be using this site also to verify what I learn..
  • Options
    kenjensen24kenjensen24 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I am using the sybex book.....I also did a boot camp class........failed twice but I know what I need to do to pass.....I was overzealous when taking both the tests and did not concentrate.....when you finish with 25 minutes left something just ain't right!!!!
    God please let me pass!!!!